Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!

Storm 2 -vs- Themes

I, like most other Storm 1 owners, have downloaded the newest 5.0 OS from Verizon. I am very happy with it as I was with other leaks of 5.0. My only gripe with the new 5.0 OS is that no theme works with out doing a little trick, which has to be reset every time you reboot.

So because of this, I wondered if the new Storm 2 will have the same issue, until theme makers get a new plazmic program? Can anyone answer that question? I would rather stay with my S1 until this is resolved.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I, like most other Storm 1 owners, have downloaded the newest 5.0 OS from Verizon. I am very happy with it as I was with other leaks of 5.0. My only gripe with the new 5.0 OS is that no theme works with out doing a little trick, which has to be reset every time you reboot.

So because of this, I wondered if the new Storm 2 will have the same issue, until theme makers get a new plazmic program? Can anyone answer that question? I would rather stay with my S1 until this is resolved.
    They would release another plazmic patch for the storm 2

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post

you're kidding right? you would wait on getting the new sexy s2 because you have to do a 10 second trick to make your themes work?:bigeyes:

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Nope. I would wait. I did not jump on the Storm 1 until March and I have had a great time owning it because most of the existing problems were worked out with leaked OSs and hybrids. I would do the same for the Storm 2, if it had some existing problems.

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    But seriously why can't RIM/Plazmic get stuff out the door in advance. Why do we have to always play catchup, but then again iPhone users (itouch too) can't do any themes without jail breaking which is total BS.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Yeah well can you imagine the customer support emails I and many theme makers have had this mourning AHHHH lol why couldn't they keep 230 wasn't that more stable?

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    I look forward to getting my storm 9550 on Wednesday, but I am willing to be patient for the theme developers to get their updates done, its not their fault that RIM/Plazmic is always 3 steps behind their launches. They don't realize that this is a consumer and corporate device and consumers want themes (so do corporate types) and we want them at launch.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    umm...what's the "little trick"?
    Last edited by paco_ut; 10-26-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast