Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Still very strange that there is no mention of the Storm2 anywhere on Verizon's website (at least from what I can see)...

We're getting Droid ads out the wazoo during primetime MLB playoffs on TV, but not even a whimper regarding the Storm2 even after the supposed press release....

Seems to look like Verizon is "hitching their wagon" to someone other than RIM/Blackberry....doesn't seem like a very healthy relationship between Verizon and RIM right now...

With this lack of recognition by Verizon, I think it is probably a slim chance that they will offer any kind of trade-up offer to current Storm owners....not much chance they want to take a hit by having a bunch of phones returned....

I hope I'm wrong because I want one of those bad boys!mfg:

PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    Still very strange that there is no mention of the Storm2 anywhere on Verizon's website (at least from what I can see)...

We're getting Droid ads out the wazoo during primetime MLB playoffs on TV, but not even a whimper regarding the Storm2 even after the supposed press release....

Seems to look like Verizon is "hitching their wagon" to someone other than RIM/Blackberry....doesn't seem like a very healthy relationship between Verizon and RIM right now...

With this lack of recognition by Verizon, I think it is probably a slim chance that they will offer any kind of trade-up offer to current Storm owners....not much chance they want to take a hit by having a bunch of phones returned....

What hit will they take? Most of us have had our phones for almost a year at $100 a month, $1200, they have made their money off my discounted $150 phone, which I paid for the night I bought it.

Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post

A Powerful New Storm Rolls Onto Verizon Wireless’ Network On Oct. 28

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Thanks!

Will be interested to see on the 28th whether the Storm2 rates a mention on their homepage rather than having to get there via link.....not sure anyone could have gotten to that "News Center" item otherwise...

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    What hit will they take? Most of us have had our phones for almost a year at $100 a month, $1200, they have made their money off my discounted $150 phone, which I paid for the night I bought it.
    can't argue with you there, but in the past Verizon has been pretty tight when it comes to their 2 year contracts....

I'm with you though as I would gladly re-up for an additional 2 years if I was given a chance to purchase a discounted Storm2....you would think they would gladly extend the contract of anybody that wants to, but I'll believe it when I see it...

if I have to stick with my full 2 years, I will definitely look at other carriers and phones when it comes time...especially if all we're going to get is this new OS for our Storms...

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Considering they went as far as saying

Existing BlackBerry Storm customers will be able to update their handsets to the new BlackBerry OS 5.0 software via Web software load (BlackBerry - Update your Device Software), BlackBerry Desktop Manager, or from Verizon Wireless’ download site (www.verizonwireless.com/storm). The software is available today.

I don't think there are any handouts coming from VZW. I too would gladly resign a new 2 year contract but I don't think it will happen. Our best bet is to try to upgrade after the one year point.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I am in agreement blan, simple fact that they got burnt soo bad on the tour release and started cracking down after that. i am hoping that most people would understand that and wait for their 1yr upgrade or see what happens.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    I'm going to wait for the 1 year upgrade, it will give time for people to really test them out and for any updated or OS changes to be made.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast