Storm 2 9520/9550 on AT&T - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm 2 9520/9550 on AT&T

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, thanks for all the replies, but I'm still a little confused. Right now, I have a BB Bold on AT&T with a data plan. It seems that if I put the sim card into an unlocked Storm2, I will only get EDGE? If this is the case, why does the Storm2 has GSM frequencies of 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz? Which I believe 850 and 1900 Mhz are AT&T's 3G?

Thanks.

paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Because your Storm is locked to VZW's network by it's IMEI (which is not registered with AT&T). Ultimately, it's impossible, because CDMA carriers don't give out subsidy codes.

Sorry bud.

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Switch to big red and enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!

Cozze02 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    If the Storm 2 comes out on AT&T and doesn't support 3G in North America you would be a fool to buy it. 2G is entirely to slow and shouldn't even be supported anymore. The question I have is why would carriers release phones that don't support the latest technology out there. When you buy a phone that doesn't support 3G your just ripping yourself off by paying the same amount as 3G users but not getting the high speeds!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozze02 View Post
    If the Storm 2 comes out on AT&T and doesn't support 3G in North America you would be a fool to buy it. 2G is entirely to slow and shouldn't even be supported anymore. The question I have is why would carriers release phones that don't support the latest technology out there. When you buy a phone that doesn't support 3G your just ripping yourself off by paying the same amount as 3G users but not getting the high speeds!
    I would bet that if the Storm 2 was released by AT&T, notice released by, it would be 3g, the only reason the current one doesnt is because it was not set to work on that network

Derek Zielinski is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Derek Zielinski On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh yea I cannot live without 3G anymore, and would not get a phone without it. I think I'm just gonna wait for the Storm2 to get to AT&T, even though it will probably be months to years. Thanks for all the replies guys!

walteratkins66 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    There are lot of ways in unlocking your cell phones.
    Remember, for all phones there are limited number of attempts for entering unlockcode. Exceeding the limits may of course result in hard locking of the cell phone. Beware of the fact that you will come across free codes(fakes most) in the web. But yes you will find real ones too. However pay some $ n get the real codes. Dont tak, risk. I suggest you to go to unlockgenie.com (Unlock Nokia, Unlock Blackberry, Unlock Motorola, Unlock Samsung - Unlock your GSM Phone Now! -- Fast Unlock Codes) I got the code for my Blackberry Bold 9700 from this site it worked.

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Its worth a try Buying an UNBRANDED storm2 9520. Their is rarely a few used ones around online.

Maybe.. . Not sure Yet, that it could overhaul 3G for t-mobile. since 2100hz is what t-mobile 3G band is.. . But i know for sure 2G would work fine at&t also T-mobile. but yeah i understand you mentioned AT&T 3G. A little extra info. doesn't hurt.

9550 is exclusive too Verizon so therefore 3G is Locked, even after the device is unlocked, ONLY the GSM Part is completely unlocked, MEANING any GSM SIM-card is usable , But Data usage is limited to Some carriers so that features like MMS, internet, email will not work. My carrier is t-mobile. I have A Package Plan Called "Blackberry Add-On [BIS]" an Im able to get all those features to work on my [9520Ukt-mobile], just no 3G.. maybe i need to update my SIM Card that has a 3G symbol on it.. . ive been a T-Mo. customer for more than 7years an have a very old Sim-card.... something i should try out, later in the future.

Basically knowing that the S2 IS exclusive to Verizon, the Firmware was Programed in a way BY RIM IN CONTRAST TO VERIZON that only 3G will work for Verizon,Voda, and in the UK while [roaming] 3G might be accessible by a specific gsm network, SINCE the device is not located in the US. :cool2:
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 09-27-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I had Wrote it wrong. fixed! what i really meant to say.

Kajool is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    its pleasant mobile unlocking update ...
    Recently i unlocked my mobile by getting unlock code here in this site Mobile Unlocker- Unlock Your Phone & unlocked my mobile safely without vain , if you wanna unlock your mobile safely get the unlock code here & unlock it & gain solution as i got ...
    Last edited by Tevansny; 12-26-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed Outside Link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12