Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 27

  1. #9
    SilentC's Avatar
    SilentC is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC/PDX/Vermont
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry but Storm 2 will not be out 10/28. Funny some of the stories VZW reps say but that one has no truth to it. While I would love to see it released then, it's not happening.
    I read your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are in fact SNL's "Debbie Downer"....





  2. #10
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentC View Post
    I read your posts and have come to the conclusion that you are in fact SNL's "Debbie Downer"....

    :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    Yes he is!

  3. #11
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    People who works in a Store they don't know anything ... I don't think its coming out on this 28

  4. #12
    tshepar1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsfield MA
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.230
    Posts
    10

    Storm 2 Release

    I am from western New England and on the New York radio station Fly 92.3 they stated that this Sunday they will be broadcasting from one of the local Verizon stores and having a contest regarding the new storm that will be available to purchase... I do not think they would not broadcast the contest on the radio if it was not going to be available.

  5. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by tshepar1 View Post
    I am from western New England and on the New York radio station Fly 92.3 they stated that this Sunday they will be broadcasting from one of the local Verizon stores and having a contest regarding the new storm that will be available to purchase... I do not think they would not broadcast the contest on the radio if it was not going to be available.
    The storm 2 wont be dropping on sunday. they might be having a contest for a phone that is out and talking about the S2, but not a sunday launch device.

  6. #14
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    While I've been very skeptical of the release rumors, I found this one worth mentioning for 2 reasons:
    1. the sales reps indicated they'd just been at training and had used the S2.
    2. given the Droid launch rumored for 10/28 (or shortly thereafter), it would seem likely that RIMM would want to preempt this if at all possible. It's a tradeoff b/t stability and launch speed, however if S2 doesn't hit before the Droid, RIMM will have seriously blown their opportunity.

    BTW, I'm a wireless analyst, so I didn't put the comment up lightly, and if I got anyone's heart rate up, I apologize.
    Keep in mind that RIM has nothing to do with setting the release date, that is entirely up to VZW. VZW would have more to lose by launching Storm 2 prematurely and having the same disaster the ensued with the first release

  7. #15
    Bert336's Avatar
    Bert336 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm/Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Keep in mind that RIM has nothing to do with setting the release date, that is entirely up to VZW. VZW would have more to lose by launching Storm 2 prematurely and having the same disaster the ensued with the first release
    true true... I'm sure RIM have their loading docks and trucks loaded pack with S2's waiting on Verizon to make up their lazy arses

    on that note, i would love to see a pic of those things getting shipped out
    mayb a ninja can go stealth and snap a couple

  8. #16
    LAzyPD SRT8's Avatar
    LAzyPD SRT8 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry but Storm 2 will not be out 10/28. Funny some of the stories VZW reps say but that one has no truth to it. While I would love to see it released then, it's not happening.




    Sorry just needed to quote you once again.


    It's amazing, you said that BBM wouldn't drop on the day it dropped and again you say things that keep getting proven wrong as the following link proves that on the 28th VZW states it is to be released.


    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...ober-28th.html


    So maybe your "sources" have it wrong. lol
    Last edited by LAzyPD SRT8; 10-22-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •