Verizon's Launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 Could Be Delayed

Thread: Verizon's Launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 Could Be Delayed

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

Verizon's Launch of the BlackBerry Storm2 Could Be Delayed

Say it isn't so! According to Brighthand, unconfirmed reports are saying Verizon has had problems with its version of the Storm 2. Supposedly, the device has not been able to pass Verizon's internal tests. With the original Storm being released under harsh criticism for "bugs", one would hope Verizon would not make the same mistake twice. Keep in mind these reports are not verified, however this could explain the carrier's "tight-lipped" mentality regarding a launch date.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wow this is interesting find, TM. The article does bring up valid points and sure enough we all want RIM/VZW to get it right this time...I don't want to have to keep calling for replacements...and same with many other people.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wow this is interesting find, TM. The article does bring up valid points and sure enough we all want RIM/VZW to get it right this time...I don't want to have to keep calling for replacements...and same with many other people.
    I thought so too. I hope the new Storm isn't riddled with problems as well. We'll see if they called this one right or not soon. According to that article, the information about the release is/was scheduled for what is now today, which points at the 21st we've seen in several posts. But obviously not the device itself.

urbanglowcam is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I agree. Technically, Verizon never announced anything. It's been said for months that the release is expected around late Oct - Nov so I can't say they are wrong. Hopefully we'll have a great final product that will last us years with good software from the get go.

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanglowcam View Post
    Yeah I agree. Technically, Verizon never announced anything. It's been said for months that the release is expected around late Oct - Nov so I can't say they are wrong. Hopefully we'll have a great final product that will last us years with good software from the get go.
    Exactly, it can't be delayed if it were never announced to start with. If they need time to make sure it's a great phone I'm all for them taking as long as they need. :28: I'm a Storm lover through and through and plan to buy the Storm2 as soon as it's launched. But honestly, I've had my fill :aargh4: of all the over reporting and rumors circulating around BlackBerry enthusiast sites and the net in general. The phone will get here when it gets here. opcorn:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    That's a great attitude CJ, unfortunately many are not as patient as you are

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I say release it with bugs. Every phone launches with some type of bug. thats what the maintenance release is for. and the naysayers will find something no matter how close to perfect the phone ever comes.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's a great attitude CJ, unfortunately many are not as patient as you are
    8 years, 1 month and 14 days in the Coast Guard taught me to "Hurry Up & Wait".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

RBernier is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBalzonya View Post
    I say release it with bugs. Every phone launches with some type of bug. thats what the maintenance release is for. and the naysayers will find something no matter how close to perfect the phone ever comes.
    Fuzzie,

If you want a bug filled device, that definitely is your perogative. As for me, I'll wait until they get it right this time.
    Ron Bernier

jdmoore81 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3083149D
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i would rather wait till the first of the year and have a perfect phone then to have to be stuck with a phone that only works half the time like when 4.7.75 came out

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBalzonya View Post
    I kind of agree, when they release it I'm sure it'll have bugs regardless. I dont recall a perfect blackberry yet, with any carrier.

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoore81 View Post
    i would rather wait till the first of the year and have a perfect phone then to have to be stuck with a phone that only works half the time like when 4.7.75 came out
    But thats software not hardware. I wonder if the hardware is close to perfect then.

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Wink Maybe even

It could go as late as December too. I am good with that if it's great on release. Besides with :hail: Droid coming soon maybe waiting is better :laugh2:

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmmm... Verizon never announced a launch date so it can not be delayed, I still think that the phone will be released around November 7th as announced a few days ago. Now, if they DO have problems with the phone its worth the wait in order to have a perfect Storm

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Umm... Jlevy, could this be a delay until around my Birthday??? :22::laugh2:

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    I 2nd that..Right on "Q"..if there was never an actual "official" date, then there's no "delay"...

meno73 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3101C70F
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    That sucks:banghead: although I want a device that will work as promised but the wait is killing me but .323 is helping