Storm 2 with OS 5.0 - What developers need to know!
A new post in the developer's blog at the BlackBerry support forums gives us a peek at what changes developers can expect when writing for the Storm 2 and its 5.0 Operating System. Two key points are improved Java with new APIs and the long awaited support for Widgets. Specific features of the Storm 2 mentioned in the article are:
- Navigation with SurePress touch screen
- 480 x 360 screen resolution
- 3.2 MP Camera with Auto Focus
- Location Support with Assisted and Autonomous GPS
- Wi-Fi Support - 802.11b/g
- 256MB Flash Memory (Application Space), 2GB embedded MMC, and microSD Support (up to 16GB today and supports the 32GB specification)
We have a lot to look forward to with the Storm 2. It appears, however the device itself is only the tip of the iceberg.