Latest info from VZW regarding Storm 2 Release

Thread: Latest info from VZW regarding Storm 2 Release

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Latest info from VZW regarding Storm 2 Release

I think the pictures says it all, really no new news with respect to the release of Storm 2 from Verizon. Hopefully this will change soon, but at the moment, there is no release date or pricing information

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    I think the pictures says it all, really no new news with respect to the release of Storm 2 from Verizon. Hopefully this will change soon, but at the moment, there is no release date or pricing information
    Training was loaded today for indirects as I am told.. be at least 14 days at LEAST
    Last edited by jnepsa; 10-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I could be wrong but I believe most direct stores have received training videos a little while ago (I think last week).

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe most direct stores have received training videos a little while ago (I think last week).
    no you are correct... CSR said they got it last week

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    So I called Verizon CSR because I had gotten a replacement Tour and I mentioned an early upgrade for the Storm 2 and he said I quote "You're early upgrade is up in December, we wont be able to move that date to November because it is set in contract.." I pretended I did not hear that and then asked about the Storm 2 and he said, again another quote "Theres no release date yet, we have seen the phone and some stores have some in stock but there is no release date blah blah blah"

Just found that interesting ha. But then again we all know how dumb Verizon CSR can be.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    So I called Verizon CSR because I had gotten a replacement Tour and I mentioned an early upgrade for the Storm 2 and he said I quote "You're early upgrade is up in December, we wont be able to move that date to November because it is set in contract.." I pretended I did not hear that and then asked about the Storm 2 and he said, again another quote "Theres no release date yet, we have seen the phone and some stores have some in stock but there is no release date blah blah blah"

Just found that interesting ha. But then again we all know how dumb Verizon CSR can be.
    Is this another a vzw rep told me lol

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Ya. Im only posting it because of what he said. They act like they know but they have no idea!!!

AntHill05 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow AntHill05 On Twitter
    PIN
    ME
    Device
    Storm 9530/Strom2 9550
    OS
    5.0.328/5.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    i got the same thing but i was at the store with some face to face action. They must not know how to deal with hardcore blackberry users.

paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    For the most part, VZW likes to keep their release dates on devices under wraps. It just makes sense. If you were a business and wanted to hype up your "Hardcore Blackberry Users," what would you do... tell them that the S2 is coming out in 3 weeks, or try to get them to buy a S1/Tour? This is just plain and simple good business sense... sell what you've got.

As for VZW employees, I can't say too much whether or not they're good or bad, but I am sure that a lot of them aren't quite as passionate as the individuals glued to BBOS (myself included)!! =P

Either way, I think that RIM definitely is heading in the right direction... whether or not VZW is marketing it like they were this time last year. Like I tell every "S1 Hater" I meet, it's not RIM's fault VZW wanted to launch the S1 prior to Christmas 2008. Ha.

So, I don't mind VZW not marketing the S2 and letting RIM do their own thing... I mean, it's what RIM does best... creep the market, right?