all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Liked
    0 times

CEO of Verizon Talks Storm 2

Seems Verizon's CEO Lowell McAdam couldn't hold back on talking about the new Storm 2 any longer. In an Interview with the New York Times he "admitted that he's been carrying the Storm 2 around for several weeks, and even showed it off to people in New York City."

This is the first actual announcement from RIM or Verizon on the Storm 2.

He went on to say that he let a couple of college kids in New York take it for a spin.
    “I let them play with the second-generation Storm device,” he said. “They came back and said ‘Oh, my gosh.’ They were very excited. This is what they hoped the original Storm should be.”

The New York Times went on to say "This week, Verizon and RIM are trying again with a Storm do-over, the Storm 2."

Do they know something we don't letting them get away with that last statement?

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't handle much more of this S2 teasers/sneak peaks.. I think i might have to go into hibernation for a few weeks till the S2 comes out. VZW need to release it like yesterday.
    Last edited by quiet1; 10-14-2009 at 12:11 AM.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    The funny things is that I talked with Verizon today about another issue I'm having with the wife's berryflip and they played ignorant about any Storm 2 release date, material, etc.

jordan89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    The funny things is that I talked with Verizon today about another issue I'm having with the wife's berryflip and they played ignorant about any Storm 2 release date, material, etc.
    I worked in VZW customer care and trust me we get in big trouble if we talk about info that hasn't been released yet...and besides we were always the last to know. lol
    PIN me. I'm bored.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    I doubt they were playing lol
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I doubt they were playing lol
    That's the scary thing. We seem to know more than they do at times.

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Wink Just release it

That's the scary thing. We seem to know more than they do at times.
    Take a look at CB front page and someone either photshopped a email or it's real. Says the launch is next Wed the 21st. The 25th has been the target for a while now. Someone posted also that the "launch party" is in November. Simply I need to wait untill I see it online for pre-order. Then it's on .

rl2k05 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30CA2151
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs down

My stepdaughter work for Verizon and she is clueless about the release date and the unit itself. So, I will have to wait and see what happens.mfg:
    Verizon Blackberry Bold (9630)
    O.S. 6.0.0.222

saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    all this storm2 talk is driving me crazy!!! VERIZON RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!

givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Liked
    0 times
    With as many people that work at vzw if anyone at the lower level actually knew anything it would be leaked all over the internet. When Circuit City had a closed door manager only meeting before they closed the whole meeting was leaked onto the web by several sources before the store officially opened for business that same day. When the xbox 360 came out everyone knew about confidential shipping manifests for best buy disclosing the exact amounts each location would be getting.

I can assure you VZW reps know nothing more than rumors just like everyone else. The people who really know are much higher on the food chain. Besides why would you expect someone that works for VZW to be so up on something like this. It isnt like the storm2 is the one and only phone that is ever going to launch for vzw!
    PLEASE, dl DUB @ DUBMENOW.COM, soon2be the standard in contact/PIM exchange.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything I say CAN'T and WILL NOT be used against me. Also anything said has nothing to do with my employeer and probably is not in agreeance w/them...

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    With as many people that work at vzw if anyone at the lower level actually knew anything it would be leaked all over the internet. When Circuit City had a closed door manager only meeting before they closed the whole meeting was leaked onto the web by several sources before the store officially opened for business that same day. When the xbox 360 came out everyone knew about confidential shipping manifests for best buy disclosing the exact amounts each location would be getting.

I can assure you VZW reps know nothing more than rumors just like everyone else. The people who really know are much higher on the food chain. Besides why would you expect someone that works for VZW to be so up on something like this. It isnt like the storm2 is the one and only phone that is ever going to launch for vzw!
    That is some very good advice my friend. Thanks for sharing

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the opportunity a couple of times to mess around with one. You guys are gonna be happy :18:

But, the release date is still everyones guess.
    Last edited by FuzzieBalzonya; 10-19-2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    And to add to that, Lowell knows how to talk, or not talk about things. I have witnessed this with my own ear and eye holes.

This guy has been around the block, a lot, and he only says exactly what he wants to.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert