Storm2 Special Offers for Current Storm Owners?

Thread: Storm2 Special Offers for Current Storm Owners?

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Storm2 Special Offers for Current Storm Owners?

Was interested in seeing what "those in the know" thought of the possibility that Verizon might throw us current Storm owners a bone and offer some special deals on the upcoming Storm2.....

I know there are those out there that think their Storm is a complete failure and should be compensated somehow, but I don't fall in that demographic...I'm not sure if a precedent has been set previously on similar follow up devices such as the Iphone, but I would love it if Verizon would give current Storm owners at least some sort of discount, trade in, etc. if we want to upgrade to a Storm2...

I can't wait for the Storm2 to be released, but since I am not eligible to upgrade for over a year, there is no way I will be able to grab one at release unless Verizon does throw a little love our way...

Anyone care to prognosticate a little???

oh and

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i predict that this thread will have tons of views:1244:
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I doubt they will do anything with the old storm considering they are pretty much giving them out. They would lose to much money if they started cutting deals to hand in phones they were just selling for $49.99.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Steeleaf is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Your suggestion makes great sense, especially when you consider that the people who were/are passionate enough about their Storm1 to stay with all the early failings would likely be the best "early adopters" of the Storm2. It makes even more sense when you consider that this audience could drive more/faster success through positive word of mouth from those who look to us for advice on these types of purchases. I hazard to guess that most Verizon/Bell/Telus Storm customers would consider an early upgrade if it was at an acceptable cost for the normal person. All that said, the first 5 words of my post suggest that this will never happen coming from the big corporate machines that control our access to this technology because.......that would make sense!!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I sincerely doubt VZW will make any such offering for current Storm owners. Many Storm owners traded in their Storm for the Tour and that was quite a difficult task unless you knew someone. I would love to see VZW do something nice for the customers, but wait its VZW and that happens once every Hailey's comet.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    If I were anyone with Verizon, a Storm 1 owner and not eligible for an upgrade, I would suggest waiting until the smoke clears and see what the general concensus is with the release of the Storm 2. I think that the way we are speculating that the release is going to be sooner than later and we can almost all agree that the Storm 1 was rushed, I am thinking that there will be a few kinks that will have to be worked out with the Storm 2. Some of the more recent videos have proven that.

I know that the Storm 2 should be released with a better OS to combat some of the minor kinks, but even with the upgrades of OSs for the Storm 1 we still had minor kinks. I think this newer version is being pushed out as well to take advantage of the holiday season and VZW/Vodaphone are not going to spend the enormous advertising $$, for it to not live up to the hype like the Storm 1. I mean look at the Tour. That was suppose to be the next greatest BB and there were still issues depending on where your phone was manufactured.

Those who are not eligible for an upgrade with VZW, just sit back and wait and see what the reviews and masses say about the phone before you jump the gun and spend a boat load of gwap and are disappointed because VZW ain't handing out any discounts. They are not Unicef.

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    If I were anyone with Verizon, a Storm 1 owner and not eligible for an upgrade, I would suggest waiting until the smoke clears and see what the general concensus is with the release of the Storm 2. I think that the way we are speculating that the release is going to be sooner than later and we can almost all agree that the Storm 1 was rushed, I am thinking that there will be a few kinks that will have to be worked out with the Storm 2. Some of the more recent videos have proven that.

I know that the Storm 2 should be released with a better OS to combat some of the minor kinks, but even with the upgrades of OSs for the Storm 1 we still had minor kinks. I think this newer version is being pushed out as well to take advantage of the holiday season and VZW/Vodaphone are not going to spend the enormous advertising $$, for it to not live up to the hype like the Storm 1. I mean look at the Tour. That was suppose to be the next greatest BB and there were still issues depending on where your phone was manufactured.

Those who are not eligible for an upgrade with VZW, just sit back and wait and see what the reviews and masses say about the phone before you jump the gun and spend a boat load of gwap and are disappointed because VZW ain't handing out any discounts. They are not Unicef.
    Amen, but I really want one...its gonna be hard for me to put it off if I got the cash around. Anyone know what the full price of this thing gonna be?
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

johnnydangerous3 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    P DADDY
    Device
    Storm 9530 and Tour 9630, Both on VZW
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, no special discounts. VZW is not a not-for-profit company.
    Bryan's Blog, lots of good info:
    "There's a map for that!":hail:

E-man is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Verizon will do nothing. Oh well.

guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know about Verizon. But I am 100% sure that Telus will not give any deals whatsoever to S1 owners trying to get an S2 BOOOOOOOOO
    Have a Telus related question? Just ask!

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    probably some very good advice Bx....

if there aren't any special offerings from Verizon, then I will be waiting until the smoke clears whether I want to or not.....:17:

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i predict that this thread will have tons of views:1244:
    yikes!

really didn't mean to create such a eye-catching thread title like I did....I see what you mean cat....

maybe I have a future in advertising....hmmmmm....

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMiles View Post
    Amen, but I really want one...its gonna be hard for me to put it off if I got the cash around. Anyone know what the full price of this thing gonna be?
    Most likely $500 :crazy:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Good to see so many other Joe Dirt fans in here. (that's pronounced DeerTay) luckily for me, my bud that got me the hookup for the Storm 1 is saying he can cut me a deal to pick up the 2 soon after release. Hopefully it lives up to the hype :-)
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

jordan89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    I just imagine that after the release of the S2 the S1 will probably be free with a 2yr agreement...thats about the only thing i see coming...I highly doubt we will get a break on this
    PIN me. I'm bored.

K2kool is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Gotta ask
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Not falling in the same trap i did with the storm 1. If the storm 2 is just slightly better that the S1, then its not worth it at all. I need to see a major difference for me to upgrade especially after the 230 leak being pretty solid.

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The only VZW will to is tell you to wait in the linefor your turn to get a Storm 2

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    That's a good looking burger Leo....

I'm hungry now.....