Specs for Storm 2?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Specs for Storm 2?

  1. #1
    toyanucci is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Specs for Storm 2?

    Can anyone tell me if the storm 2 will have triband umts like the bold? As in 850, 1900 & 2100 3G bands? Vs only 2100 found on the current storm?




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the storm 2 will have triband umts like the bold? As in 850, 1900 & 2100 3G bands? Vs only 2100 found on the current storm?
    Welcome to

    here are the specs:

    GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    CDMA dual band (800/1900 MHz)
    UMTS European/Asian 3G (2100 MHz)

  3. #3
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Welcome to

    here are the specs:

    GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    CDMA dual band (800/1900 MHz)
    UMTS European/Asian 3G (2100 MHz)
    How about the Bluetooth jl... :laugh2: :1244:



    Welcome to

  4. #4
    toyanucci is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats the 9550...any hope the 9520 will have umts 850 1900 2100?

    And thanks for the speedy reply!

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Thats the 9550...any hope the 9520 will have umts 850 1900 2100?

    And thanks for the speedy reply!
    9520 specs:
    GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    UMTS tri-band global 3G (850/1900/2100 MHz)

  6. #6
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    How about the Bluetooth jl... :laugh2: :1244:



    Welcome to
    It better otherwise I am introducing it to the claw hammer.

  7. #7
    toyanucci is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Great! Hopefully the 9520 can be had without too much of a hassle or premium. Because based on the videos and reviews etc, I would definately give the touchscreen blackberry a chance this time as opposed to gettin the 9700. My main concern now is 3G compatibility and batterylife.

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Great! Hopefully the 9520 can be had without too much of a hassle or premium. Because based on the videos and reviews etc, I would definately give the touchscreen blackberry a chance this time as opposed to gettin the 9700. My main concern now is 3G compatibility and batterylife.
    Both the 9700 and 9520/9550 will be great phones. In terms of 3G compatibility and battery life we will only know once the devices are released. There is speculation that both are good but I don't trust anything unless I can give it a thorough workout. I am sure you would be happy with either phone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •