Verizon Storm 9550 Demo'd

Thread: Verizon Storm 9550 Demo'd

sunkast Guest

Verizon Storm 9550 Demo'd

The infamous Salomondrin has offered up a new video of him demoing the new Verizon Storm 9550. One of the things that is notable in the video is the OS on the device. It is one of the OS's Verizon is testing for the official release. It seems to have resolved the SFI and V-click issues. Hopefully soon we'll see confirmed release dates for the Storm 2.

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    how cool...he gets to chat with mr president and paris threw bbm. i'm still not sure if i'm going to get the storm 2. can i just get a software update on my storm 1 i might be happy.

porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm pissed I'll be in Iraq before this is released!!!!
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder if this phone will have an option to turn off the surepress and allowing us to use the phone as suretap. I love surepress but just another option maybe

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

horseshoe is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    What was that he said about the browser not being prime and eventually will change on the release?

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Again (and again, no disrespect to Sal meant) he spends tons of time talking about the speed, and how there is no lag.

I have no problem with this, he's correct. The thing I take issue with is this: he never mentions that the 9530 with the latest 5.0 release we have seen is equally quick and lag-free. The device speed is purely a function of the software; the S2 is all about the screen.

I am seriously considering sticking with my Storm 1 for a bit longer, mine has about as good clicking a screen as i've ever seen on a Storm so I might as well use it until the buttons fall off.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Again (and again, no disrespect to Sal meant) he spends tons of time talking about the speed, and how there is no lag.

I have no problem with this, he's correct. The thing I take issue with is this: he never mentions that the 9530 with the latest 5.0 release we have seen is equally quick and lag-free. The device speed is purely a function of the software; the S2 is all about the screen.

I am seriously considering sticking with my Storm 1 for a bit longer, mine has about as good clicking a screen as i've ever seen on a Storm so I might as well use it until the buttons fall off.
    I'm with you Dave. I am gonna stay with my S1. It's very quick with 5.0 now. I still have my original and it clicks great. I can live without WiFi. Only thing that really interests me is the new screen technology and the app memory.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    What was that he said about the browser not being prime and eventually will change on the release?
    I think he is referring to RIMs acquisition of the company called Torch and future Flash implementation. The browser you saw on the video should pretty much be whats in the release.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Liked
    0 times
    Sound like he said the new browser will be here next summer.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I'm with you Dave. I am gonna stay with my S1. It's very quick with 5.0 now. I still have my original and it clicks great. I can live without WiFi. Only thing that really interests me is the new screen technology and the app memory.
    The screen technology is cool, but not full price to upgrade cool..... As for the app memory, I will start worrying about that when the size of Storm apps jumps exponentially. If new apps come out that are huge, and I start running low on memory; I will then consider upgrading. Right now i'm sitting at 33.6MB free on .230 and it's not moving; currently I have quite enough things installed on my phone to keep me both entertained and productive.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Other than the new screen, I'm good with S1 for now. I dont think I'm going to get it release day. I will probably pick it up but in January when my upgrade is due. The OS's we are getting is making S1 very close to S2. Which is good news for a lot of people who took advantage of the BOGO deals VZW has been offering.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

rw6497 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    funny how my s1 seems identical in the way it runs in speed and responsiveness im also running .230 with new bbm and loving my s1. yep would like that wfi and new screen but after year im now loving my click screen. lol it did take me like a year haha

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post

i agree with you 100%...i will be missing wifi but i dont really need it... the storm 2 is pretty much a software upgrade. so when the storm 2 comes out what software version will they give the storm 1 kids? i've played around with the leaked software and its way faster that the 4.7 storm software. i'm up for an upgrade in december but i'm going to wait to see what else rim brings out. what if they try to keep storm 1 people still on 4.7 os when the storm 2 is on 5 lol.

Lunars Edge Design is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Lunars Edge Design On Twitter Add Lunars Edge Design on Facebook
    Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Liked
    34 times
    Does anyone know if the Storm2 has the stupid landscape view on the Lockscreen?

newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Paris and obama on bbm i doubt they are real

i dont use BBM so i cant comment if they real or not

obama sent over the storm 2? lol

also he claims its his everyday phone ? he doesnt have much anything on it

i dont have any lag on my cam lol

im sorry after this video i feel he is trying hard to be cool and thinks he is right on everything. sorry dude, i dont like your videos much to begin with, and now less even more
    Last edited by newberry; 10-11-2009 at 08:54 PM.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    :haha::haha::haha: you guys will fold like a cheap suit. when everyone gets the storm2 and brags about the improvements,you'll run to big red with your wallets in your hands.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    There is no way to compare S2 with S1. I know everyone has finally gotten used to or love the S1 but the typing experience on S2 is another a whole other level. Even though I am not an AT&T fan I always thought the Bold has the best typing experience of any BB. That is until I tried S2. Honestly, the hardware upgrades are worth it alone. Since I travel a lot internationally, having wifi will be a huge bonus. So to those on the fence or who think S1 is the ish, when VZW releases S2 go to the store and check it out. You will be quite amazed.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    There is no way to compare S2 with S1. I know everyone has finally gotten used to or love the S1 but the typing experience on S2 is another a whole other level. Even though I am not an AT&T fan I always thought the Bold has the best typing experience of any BB. That is until I tried S2. Honestly, the hardware upgrades are worth it alone. Since I travel a lot internationally, having wifi will be a huge bonus. So to those on the fence or who think S1 is the ish, when VZW releases S2 go to the store and check it out. You will be quite amazed.
    Checking it out in a store is what I'm afraid of. I know my personality and however much I tell myself the S1 is good enough, once a get my hands on S2 i will likely get it.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims