Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sunkast Guest

Verizon Storm 9550 Demo'd

The infamous Salomondrin has offered up a new video of him demoing the new Verizon Storm 9550. One of the things that is notable in the video is the OS on the device. It is one of the OS's Verizon is testing for the official release. It seems to have resolved the SFI and V-click issues. Hopefully soon we'll see confirmed release dates for the Storm 2.

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    how cool...he gets to chat with mr president and paris threw bbm. i'm still not sure if i'm going to get the storm 2. can i just get a software update on my storm 1 i might be happy.

porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    I'm pissed I'll be in Iraq before this is released!!!!

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    I wonder if this phone will have an option to turn off the surepress and allowing us to use the phone as suretap. I love surepress but just another option maybe

horseshoe is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9530
    What was that he said about the browser not being prime and eventually will change on the release?

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Again (and again, no disrespect to Sal meant) he spends tons of time talking about the speed, and how there is no lag.

I have no problem with this, he's correct. The thing I take issue with is this: he never mentions that the 9530 with the latest 5.0 release we have seen is equally quick and lag-free. The device speed is purely a function of the software; the S2 is all about the screen.

I am seriously considering sticking with my Storm 1 for a bit longer, mine has about as good clicking a screen as i've ever seen on a Storm so I might as well use it until the buttons fall off.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Again (and again, no disrespect to Sal meant) he spends tons of time talking about the speed, and how there is no lag.

I have no problem with this, he's correct. The thing I take issue with is this: he never mentions that the 9530 with the latest 5.0 release we have seen is equally quick and lag-free. The device speed is purely a function of the software; the S2 is all about the screen.

I am seriously considering sticking with my Storm 1 for a bit longer, mine has about as good clicking a screen as i've ever seen on a Storm so I might as well use it until the buttons fall off.
    I'm with you Dave. I am gonna stay with my S1. It's very quick with 5.0 now. I still have my original and it clicks great. I can live without WiFi. Only thing that really interests me is the new screen technology and the app memory.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    What was that he said about the browser not being prime and eventually will change on the release?
    I think he is referring to RIMs acquisition of the company called Torch and future Flash implementation. The browser you saw on the video should pretty much be whats in the release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast