Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sunkast Guest

Verizon Storm 9550 & Vodafone Storm 9520 Rumored Release Dates

I know I've said this many times, but I can't say it enough. The end of this year really is starting to get exciting. Several big events are supposed to happen by the end of this year. RIM has already officially released the new version of BlackBerry Messenger. And OS 5.0 is expected by years end. None of which are as big as the launch of the BlackBerry Storm 2 (Odin).

Often times the best news comes in the early morning. BerryReview just received some very exciting news from their sources on possible release dates for the Verizon 9550 and Vodafone 9520. Vodafone is rumored to be launching the Blackberry Storm 9520 October 15. That's less than a week from now. While that may not seem likely, many people didn't think RIM was really going to release the new version of BBM this week.

Verizon is rumored to be getting the BlackBerry Storm 9550 on October 25. This too seems realistically too soon, though everyone is hoping the sooner the better. Some Best Buy stores are said to already have the Verizon 9550 even. That would surely reinforce the rumor of an October 25 release.

Now that you have read the good news, time for the some bad news. The sources also report that the U.S. will not be seeing the launch of the 9520. This is very sad for die hard GSM users. How is it that both the first, and second generation of a BlackBerry not be released on a GSM carrier? I'm quite disappointed and baffled by this news. Especially since the device is a touchscreen BlackBerry.

Last edited by sunkast; 10-09-2009 at 01:41 AM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    I am not quite sure where Berryreview is getting this information from but those dates are virtually impossible to meet.

Yes the hardware is set for Storm 2 but the OS is not. The current OS still has SFI issues and the Vclick mechanism is overly sensitive. Therefore, the phone has not even gone into mass production. Since it take a minimum of 3-4 weeks once a phone goes into mass production until its released I find both of those dates complete and utterly unrealistic.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Oh god I hope they don't rush this one out too!

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Anything is possible, especially with RIM. But the phones that have been sent to Best Buy and Verizon are strictly for training only as they do not contain the final OS.

sunkast Guest
    I happen to agree. But like I pointed out, a lot of people didn't think the new version of BBM was being released this week. I too don't want to see the device rushed out either.

sunkast Guest
    Oh and I am definitely interested to know whether or not it's true that no U.S. GSM carrier will be getting the 9520? To have 2 generations of the first and only BlackBerry touchscreen device to not make it to either AT&T or T-Mobile is unfathomable.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Oh and I am definitely interested to know whether or not it's true that no U.S. GSM carrier will be getting the 9520? To have 2 generations of the first and only BlackBerry touchscreen device to not make it to either AT&T or T-Mobile is unfathomable.
    That my friend I agree with.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    +1 agreed I hope they spend the appropriate time to have a solid release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast