Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I found that to be a pretty poor video. Who cares how things load in mobile. I compared his load time to mine over 3G in some cases mine loaded faster. What would have been interesting is to see how non-mobile pages loaded. Overall, that was pretty uninformative.
    Exactly my thought... 4 mins worth of video, and not one full site tested.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Thumbs down Not very impressed...

My Storm 1 loads just as fast on those sites on 3g..and even faster with Opera Mini 5...
    Personally I think BB just needs a new browser. Maybe in a year or two that mobile browser company they bought will produce a decent browswer. But for now I will stick with Opera mini..it loads a full site in 20 seconds compared to the native BB browser which takes 2 mins...

PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    I see what some of you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by kjdoug View Post
    My Storm 1 loads just as fast on those sites on 3g..and even faster with Opera Mini 5...
    Personally I think BB just needs a new browser. Maybe in a year or two that mobile browser company they bought will produce a decent browswer. But for now I will stick with Opera mini..it loads a full site in 20 seconds compared to the native BB browser which takes 2 mins...
    You can't really compare the native browser to Opera Mini or Bolt. The Bb Browser is optimized for mobile sites and the 2 3rd party browsers compress the data and that is why they load so fast. I strongly believe however that the next generation of BB browser will also do the same type of things and it will only get better

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I have to agree with jlevy, who cares how fast mobile sites load, show us a full html page.

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    I agree with you all. If he wants to show me massive improvements in browser speed; show me Javascript-heavy non-mobile sites. Mobile sites generally load quickly on the lowest-end phones on slow networks.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I found that to be a pretty poor video. Who cares how things load in mobile. I compared his load time to mine over 3G in some cases mine loaded faster. What would have been interesting is to see how non-mobile pages loaded. Overall, that was pretty uninformative.
    +1. If anything, it showed that you don't need wifi.

So basically unless you have to have the new touchscreen tech, stick with storm 1. I think I'm going to hold out for a phone that is compatible with Verizon's upcoming lte network.
    Last edited by terribL_T; 10-05-2009 at 09:07 AM.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotmark View Post
    I have to agree with jlevy, who cares how fast mobile sites load, show us a full html page.
    +1 Agreed

PIN
    PM me...
    Device
    changes daily...
    OS
    latest and greatest
    atleast this shows how "Full of BS" that Salomondrinnnnnndinnnsomething guy is....LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast