Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Device
    All Of Em!
    It's the Rogers WAP browser, like AT&T medianet, T-Mobile Web2go...delete the service book and it goes away. If their is no service book, it just means it's hard coded to the device like any other. Simple explanation, especially for anyone who has used an unlocked device on a different carrier.

Device
    All Of Em!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    well in the video he says he got it from canada, so i guess its...why does it have a vzw background
    Hehe! Canada, is RIM's main offices for starters.

PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    It's the Rogers WAP browser, like AT&T medianet, T-Mobile Web2go...delete the service book and it goes away. If their is no service book, it just means it's hard coded to the device like any other. Simple explanation, especially for anyone who has used an unlocked device on a different carrier.
    Indeed, pretty much what I said----this thread needs to disappear...haha, this "Rogers Mall" isnt news ha ha :laugh2:

Device
    All Of Em!
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    Indeed, pretty much what I said----this thread needs to disappear...haha, this "Rogers Mall" isnt news ha ha :laugh2:
    My T-Mobile 8520 has a Rogers icon on it, as it's be used on Rogers and T-Mobile.

My AT&T 8900 has a Rogers icon on it, as it's be used on Rogers and AT&T.

My Verizon Storm has a Rogers icon on it, as it's be used on Rogers and Verizon.

Sals ODIN "Touched" the Rogers network at some point in time to get the service book. That's really all I can say about it.

Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-23-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Pic added of where it WOULD take you.

Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Also you can check your service book. I unlocked a friend of mine storm and placed it on Att service. I had to get the att/cingular blackberry service books to make the internet work and what you get is the att browser icons. Im guessing the storm 2 might have some of the old service book still loaded on phone.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    5.1.0.93 plt 5.0

Cool This will answer all question u may have

PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    pretty sure its the service books. Maybe he should try deleting all of them resending and see what happens

PIN
    217C6DC3
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    Its just a shortcut that uses the WAP browser to connect to the Rogers "Mall" like you said earlier -- It connects to the section where you can dload ringtones, wallpaper and stuff like that through Rogers---standard data charges apply. I know this cause I have T-Mobile on my storm and I get a similar icon. I actually hide the icon --- when I click on it , it uses the WAP browser -- the layout has items like ringtones, wallpaper, news, top stories...its like a browser within a browser through t mobile. its useless to me and I am sure Rogers users will feel the same way, haha ---
    exactly what i do on my bold. probably the first icon i hide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast