Storm 2 Running .224

Thread: Storm 2 Running .224

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 2 Running .224

So I heard from my aunt, Allota Fuzziebalzonya, that she has seen and touched the 9550, and it was running .224 OS. Now I know we have heard it will launch with .223, but this may no longer be the case.

Now my Aunt, Allota, says that the handset is def worth the upgrade from the 9530. Only issues that were noticed were a lag in wakeup after the screen has gone dormant/dark. In this case a phone call is almost impossible to answer, becuase the wakeup process isn't refined yet in the OS.

Still Running BBM 4.7, but all other standard big red apps were running. Now Allota said she didn't get a lot of time to fondle the product, but that the touch click is much, much better. The build quality seems to feel much better than the 9530 and the screen is set in the device.

Also, if you hadn't yet noticed the four command keys, Send, End, Menu and Escape are now part of the screen. Hence the answer a call wakeup issue.

She said no idea on launch date but that it is in as near a launch condition as you can expect with the complexity of this OS.

Enjoy.

FB

Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Boy that took balz to give this info! :lmao:
    Seriously though, the OS isn't final until you see it! The one I played with, has a lesser OS and buggy BBm 5.0! The person that had it, eats at the big kid table though... From what I was told, just like the tour OS, S2 has a pretty solid OS, and I didn't notice the problem you are referring to!

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Only repeating what I heard from aunt Allota. But I dont think its anything new. I expect this to be a step on the right direction for RIM, and I am going to purchase a few shares of stock in RIM.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the information FB....it is appreciated.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

SilentC is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Any new news is always appreciated! I am soooo ready for this thing to launch already!