Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 46

  1. #33
    FuzzieBalzonya's Avatar
    FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    out west
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    112
    You really need to look at the cell industry like the auto industry. You know that next year your "Hoopty 150" is going to be replaced by a 2010 "Hoopty 150" and you can bet its gonna get better MPG. But you need a car today, so you finance it.

    Same thing with a cell phone. You put your down payment of $49.99, and you pay the difference in the remaining $450 over the next 12-24 months.

    Now you dont go to the dealership and demand that you get the 2010 "Hoopty 150" without having to pay for it, do you? (generaly speaking to everyone)

    The good thing going for most Storm users, you pay more than 79.99, so you get to upgrade at 12 months, then you sell you "hoopty phone" on ebay and make back a hundred bones.

    I would much rather do the cell phone situation than the car situation, cuz my insurance is A LOT cheaper....

    FB



  2. #34
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBalzonya View Post
    You really need to look at the cell industry like the auto industry. You know that next year your "Hoopty 150" is going to be replaced by a 2010 "Hoopty 150" and you can bet its gonna get better MPG. But you need a car today, so you finance it.

    Same thing with a cell phone. You put your down payment of $49.99, and you pay the difference in the remaining $450 over the next 12-24 months.

    Now you dont go to the dealership and demand that you get the 2010 "Hoopty 150" without having to pay for it, do you? (generaly speaking to everyone)

    The good thing going for most Storm users, you pay more than 79.99, so you get to upgrade at 12 months, then you sell you "hoopty phone" on ebay and make back a hundred bones.

    I would much rather do the cell phone situation than the car situation, cuz my insurance is A LOT cheaper....

    FB

    Thats def a good way to look at it!!

  3. #35
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Thats def a good way to look at it!!
    Yeah, smart thinking...Especially since the Storm is still basically new. At least for the ones who didn't take advantage of it the first time around.



  4. #36
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Maybe I should have worded my question differently. What I was looking for here was info... from those who know ...about what it meant for Storm 1 owners that Verizon has approved a 5.0 OS version for release. Does this indicate that they might be closer to one for the Storm 1 ?

  5. #37
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    Maybe I should have worded my question differently. What I was looking for here was info... from those who know ...about what it meant for Storm 1 owners that Verizon has approved a 5.0 OS version for release. Does this indicate that they might be closer to one for the Storm 1 ?
    They are in the works for a solid OS for Storm 1. They may be closer, but the release date is unsure of at this point.



  6. #38
    blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry to be a buzzkill in this forum of happiness.

    But from an extremely well respected source, who has yet to prove us wrong, .212 will not be the OS the Odin is released with. In addition, the release date will be approx. November 6th. The earliest possible date would be October 16th but that is looking very unlikely at the moment.
    JLEVY You are absolutely right. I have seen the storm 2 and I can tell you its past .212. Dont know if there was a .212. I dont have a screenshot of the storm 2 because unfortunately I am running .191 on my storm and haha no camera. Kinda funny actually. I believe the storm 2 I saw was running .224 or .244 cant remember which it was since I only got to see it for a sec and the person with it was in a rush. Like always can choose to believe or choose not to. All up to you. I am not claiming which os its running whether .224 or 244 or even 234 lol I just remember it ended with a 4 and started with 2. But i think it was .244. What im saying is that I didnt see .212 on her phone.

  7. #39
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrymylife View Post
    JLEVY You are absolutely right. I have seen the storm 2 and I can tell you its past .212. Dont know if there was a .212. I dont have a screenshot of the storm 2 because unfortunately I am running .191 on my storm and haha no camera. Kinda funny actually. I believe the storm 2 I saw was running .224 or .244 cant remember which it was since I only got to see it for a sec and the person with it was in a rush. Like always can choose to believe or choose not to. All up to you. I am not claiming which os its running whether .224 or 244 or even 234 lol I just remember it ended with a 4 and started with 2. But i think it was .244. What im saying is that I didnt see .212 on her phone.
    Thanks for the post. I am not familiar with all of the OS's for Storm 2 but we have confirmed that .212 does not exist.

  8. #40
    blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Thanks for the post. I am not familiar with all of the OS's for Storm 2 but we have confirmed that .212 does not exist.
    No problem if I see my source again Il ask her to see the about screen again. And if we are lucky and i get a working camera with my blackberry Il take a picture. lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •