x1208x is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK V6.10 - .151/5.0/4.7.1.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    The pic also still shows the 1XEV which is changed to 3G (in OS 5.0). Maybe that means Storm 2 will launch with .65 :laugh2:
    the 3G symbol has nothing to do with the type of speed. the 3g symbol thats on OS 5.0 is just an icon. the NEW 5.0 Os will be avail on the new sprint blackberry touch screen phone. I fear .191 was actually made for that phone and not the storm, hence the incompatibility issues.

If you look in the Java folder of .191, it has a bunch of apps that are versions just for RIM inlcuding GMAIL. Take a look for yourself! Also notice there are the axl games for like sodoku and the speed typing program. The ones included in the .191 are 100% incompatible with Storm. also hence the camera not working from the radio file, cuz its going to be a completely different camera.

Verizon's 1XEV Technology is the same as 3G's technology in speed but in a side by side test 1XEV has shown to be a lot faster. Verizon is also working on newer technology that would be equivalent to 4G.

And just because the picture doesn't have wifi symbol doesn't mean its not gonna be on storm 2, it could just be not activated. with that device in which the picture was taken.

SIMilan11 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SIMilan11 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm Exchange

This is kinda an off topic question but:

Would it be possible for me to complain to Verizon about my Storm 1 and try to have them send me a free Storm 2 replacement (when they release it of course). Maybe do a similar process to what many people did when the Tour came out? Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm 1, but I think I'm more in love with the Storm 2.

Do I have a chance?

Thanks.

g_dog411 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    ?
    Device
    storm
    OS
    ?
    Liked
    0 times
    The pic also still shows the 1XEV which is changed to 3G (in OS 5.0). Maybe that means Storm 2 will launch with .65 :laugh2:
    is it just me or is that the same screen from when the storm 1 first came out. I did a goodle search and the storm 1 has the same screen, date, icon 3 emails and everything lol

here is an example

Google Image Result for http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/1335/BlackBerry_Storm_H4Web.jpg

SIMilan11 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SIMilan11 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g_dog411 View Post
    is it just me or is that the same screen from when the storm 1 first came out. I did a goodle search and the storm 1 has the same screen, date, icon 3 emails and everything lol

here is an example

Google Image Result for http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/1335/BlackBerry_Storm_H4Web.jpg

I think Verizon sets up the screen to look the same for consistency. Look at this image of the tour:

http://assets.gearlive.com/blogimage...on-upgrade.jpg

There are 3 emails, and the date is Thursday May 21.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMilan11 View Post
    This is kinda an off topic question but:

Would it be possible for me to complain to Verizon about my Storm 1 and try to have them send me a free Storm 2 replacement (when they release it of course). Maybe do a similar process to what many people did when the Tour came out? Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm 1, but I think I'm more in love with the Storm 2.

Do I have a chance?

Thanks.
    THey have really locked this down since the tour release... I would not count on it but you may be able to do a one year upgrade and buy it

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g_dog411 View Post

here is an example

you are incorrect. the storm 2 pic shows the screen leads to the hard button and they are flat with the screen.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by x1208x View Post
    you are incorrect. the storm 2 pic shows the screen leads to the hard button and they are flat with the screen.
    I believe they were referring to the picture on the screen and not the phone itself

If you notice the same date, message count etc are on both of them

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I believe they were referring to the picture on the screen and not the phone itself

If you notice the same date, message count etc are on both of them
    thats the anniversary date and time the storm was created! LOL jp

Loooney2ns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    2 of my lines are eligible for early upgrade now. I'm just waiting for the release date to call and order it. I hope it's soon!

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loooney2ns View Post
    2 of my lines are eligible for early upgrade now. I'm just waiting for the release date to call and order it. I hope it's soon!
    That's great for you and Welcome to BlackberryOS!!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

cmross97 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this.....BUT on Verizon's new commercial where hey are advertising the Storm 1 for $49, at the end of the commercial they show their line-up of BB phones and it shows TWO types of the storm. The normal Storm 1 and then one that looks just like the Storm 1 but is mostly chrome. Is this the storm 2??????? Wonder why they would do that

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmross97 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this.....BUT on Verizon's new commercial where hey are advertising the Storm 1 for $49, at the end of the commercial they show their line-up of BB phones and it shows TWO types of the storm. The normal Storm 1 and then one that looks just like the Storm 1 but is mostly chrome. Is this the storm 2??????? Wonder why they would do that
    I will have to pay attention to that next time. never even noticed it:bigeyes:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpro247 View Post
    They're starting to take pics...

Thank you Verizon for the pic keep them comin'...
    1xev.....where is the 3G? and wifi?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    1xev.....where is the 3G? and wifi?
    It's right here Sean

Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=Natemz;117402]It's right here Sean

Thanks Nate! Looks a lot better and cleaner with those to additions!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

mbar9607 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30DC03E4
    Device
    tour #4
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    THey have really locked this down since the tour release... I would not count on it but you may be able to do a one year upgrade and buy it
    if they complain enough get a few storm 1s first and keep complaining and getting replacements eventually hell get a storm2... but its almost not worth the hassle...

peterr22 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow peterr22 On Twitter
    PIN
    304a30e9
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbar9607 View Post
    if they complain enough get a few storm 1s first and keep complaining and getting replacements eventually hell get a storm2... but its almost not worth the hassle...
    neither is a pos phone..thats how i got my first BB...i get kept replacements for the lg vx8700(i think)...and they told me i could get whatever i wanted, and the BB was the only one I liked..so i got it....frrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:1244:

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    FWIW, the only build so far that we've seen with the 3G indicator is .191; prior builds still say 1XEV

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by x1208x View Post
    the 3G symbol has nothing to do with the type of speed. the 3g symbol thats on OS 5.0 is just an icon. the NEW 5.0 Os will be avail on the new sprint blackberry touch screen phone. I fear .191 was actually made for that phone and not the storm, hence the incompatibility issues.

If you look in the Java folder of .191, it has a bunch of apps that are versions just for RIM inlcuding GMAIL. Take a look for yourself! Also notice there are the axl games for like sodoku and the speed typing program. The ones included in the .191 are 100% incompatible with Storm. also hence the camera not working from the radio file, cuz its going to be a completely different camera.

Verizon's 1XEV Technology is the same as 3G's technology in speed but in a side by side test 1XEV has shown to be a lot faster. Verizon is also working on newer technology that would be equivalent to 4G.

And just because the picture doesn't have wifi symbol doesn't mean its not gonna be on storm 2, it could just be not activated. with that device in which the picture was taken.
    See, that's exactly the thing. The 5.0.0.191 that leaked for the 9530 is for the 9530, plain and simple. It's utterly impossible that it was designed for a different phone, as it would never even install on hardware it wasn't designed for. Heck you can't even force a 9500 OS on a 9530, let alone an OS for a different phone.

Working camera or not, the 9530 5.0.0.191 is most definitely designed for the 9530, and nothing else.

3G is just a generic terminology, EV-DO is Verizon's 3G network. The 3G icon is likely a response to the widespread incorrect notion that 1XEV is in some way "not" 3G.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast