Thread: Storm 2 In Action - Video

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Olta--

The Device that Kevin was playing with is already dated. The software and hardware have already been updated on the Storm2 to something better and more functional. I don't have the specificis because I can't seem to get anyone I know to speak specificly to this. But rest assured this was supposedly an early pre-prouction model shown.
    You are right, the device Kevin was playing was quite dated. For example, it did not include Wifi it was also running an OS that is significantly lower than what Storm 2 will be released it. As Kevin stated in the video take what you see with a grain of salt is he was pre-production hardware and software.

Crucial is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    The HW version in the video was a very early revision. S2 will have wifi. With S2 you won't have to go back to the store and get new devices because such and such doesn't work right. SurePress/TruePress has be refined and polished. It works much much better than the original and typing is so much faster. Much.
    The SW you saw in the video was very very early. S2 uses 5.1 and the version in the video was .9. Obviously one of the very first builds made for this device. S2 is now up to and past 5.1.0.154, so you can imagine how the SW dev has progressed. This device will be right when its released.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

Thanks Crucial for the update. Good to hear for all those planning on picking this up.

bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Liked
    0 times
    Did anyone notice kevins video has been pulled off youtube for a "copyright claim by Research In Motion" lol i dont think they wanted us to see it yet :P

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm sure RIM enjoys the BB fan base but they also need to keep their edge so that the Apple Toy Company doesn't have time to tweak anything before their launch.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    Did anyone notice kevins video has been pulled off youtube for a "copyright claim by Research In Motion" lol i dont think they wanted us to see it yet :P
    Yes, bdube. I noted it in the OP
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    too bad, I missed my chance to see it...I was very curious. Oh well it will be here soon enough.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    The HW version in the video was a very early revision. S2 will have wifi. With S2 you won't have to go back to the store and get new devices because such and such doesn't work right. SurePress/TruePress has be refined and polished. It works much much better than the original and typing is so much faster. Much.
    The SW you saw in the video was very very early. S2 uses 5.1 and the version in the video was .9. Obviously one of the very first builds made for this device. S2 is now up to and past 5.1.0.154, so you can imagine how the SW dev has progressed. This device will be right when its released.
    OUt of curiosity will the Storm 2 be your daily phone or are their other BB beauties you prefer?

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    too bad, I missed my chance to see it...I was very curious. Oh well it will be here soon enough.
    You didn't really miss much Neo. I mean it looked nice and all but most of the features in the 5.0 OS leaked yesterday were pretty much the same as what was in the video. There are some hardware upgrades such as the battery cover is more integrated into the phone and so forth but there were some things kind of glossed over. I would have liked Kevin to delve more into the typing experience since that is something everyone is really interested in knowing more about.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    You didn't really miss much Neo. I mean it looked nice and all but most of the features in the 5.0 OS leaked yesterday were pretty much the same as what was in the video. There are some hardware upgrades such as the battery cover is more integrated into the phone and so forth but there were some things kind of glossed over. I would have liked Kevin to delve more into the typing experience since that is something everyone is really interested in knowing more about.
    Also the OS is older and accelerometer sucked on it

Rednukleus is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Das STROMM 9530)

I watched the video. It still took just as long to rotate to landscape. That is a very bad sign.

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I found the leaked video to a benefit to those who want to see that RIM is focused on enhancing their touch screens. Apple has ways of dealing with their leaks and/or lost devices and so we never see these "incremental" upgrades until they are ready.

RIM is on the right track, it will a great device.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123