Poll: Does this newest date make you rethink getting the Tour?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

Again everybody, nothing before November
    Maybe but September was/is the target date. That may have chaned it now but I haven't asked lately. I will over the weekend

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    If the 9550 is ready by September then Verizon would likely launch it, same for October, November etc.

What I care about is hoe much memory will it have. I am tired of hearing that the specs are out when memory is always missing. Having sufficient RAM is more important than a 3.2MP camera.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    If the 9550 is ready by September then Verizon would likely launch it, same for October, November etc.

What I care about is hoe much memory will it have. I am tired of hearing that the specs are out when memory is always missing. Having sufficient RAM is more important than a 3.2MP camera.
    last few BB's have had 256mb....that is my guess...

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    So a guy I know (I always wanted to say that) Who is a former student of mine who takes care of my phone needs and works for VZW. Says that he is too hearing that sometime in the winter but before the end of year. I asked him to be more specific and he declined.

We were on this conversation today because my storms screen has decided to go bonkers and doesn't register the touch where the finger is located. So now I will be on my 6th Storm.

Anywho, just thought I would through in my 2cents worth.

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    last few BB's have had 256mb....that is my guess...
    I haven't played with the new BB Tour, how much memory is left for apps when you boot up a Tour?

Why is RIM now adding 512MB of App RAM, I mean if we could store apps on the Internal 1Gig of storage and then use the app RAM to run them it would be a lot nicer (so long as the memory mgt works better than WinMobile does)

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    I wish for an October launch, but when its ready its ready, we certainly don't want any launch issues like last years.

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    I haven't played with the new BB Tour, how much memory is left for apps when you boot up a Tour?

Why is RIM now adding 512MB of App RAM, I mean if we could store apps on the Internal 1Gig of storage and then use the app RAM to run them it would be a lot nicer (so long as the memory mgt works better than WinMobile does)
    I was concerned about that when I read the stats on the tour....until I got one.

With all the apps I ran on the storm plus a few new ones now my tour boots up with 128mb of app memory.

since I bought it 5 days ago I have not done a battery pull as of right now I'm sitting at 118mb.

dont' worry about the stats the storm2 is gonna rock :1244:

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Thank you for that update. I did some poking around to see more about the Tour and when I was reading 256MB flash I felt a lot better figuring at least 100-130MB of free app memory. Its funny how other sites are commenting that its a lack of RAM, but the iPhone has 256MB RAM to run the OS and apps, they just use another set of memory to store apps etc.

So if the Storm 2 comes with 256 and we get the same or better than the Tour I will be very pleased, of course I wouldn't mind 512MB which is really what the BB's should have. Its never about why you need that much memory its about never having to worry about how much memory you have period.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast