Storm 2 (9550) released sooner? - Page 3

Poll: Does this newest date make you rethink getting the Tour?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storm 2 (9550) released sooner?

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

Again everybody, nothing before November
    Maybe but September was/is the target date. That may have chaned it now but I haven't asked lately. I will over the weekend

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    If the 9550 is ready by September then Verizon would likely launch it, same for October, November etc.

What I care about is hoe much memory will it have. I am tired of hearing that the specs are out when memory is always missing. Having sufficient RAM is more important than a 3.2MP camera.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    If the 9550 is ready by September then Verizon would likely launch it, same for October, November etc.

What I care about is hoe much memory will it have. I am tired of hearing that the specs are out when memory is always missing. Having sufficient RAM is more important than a 3.2MP camera.
    last few BB's have had 256mb....that is my guess...

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    So a guy I know (I always wanted to say that) Who is a former student of mine who takes care of my phone needs and works for VZW. Says that he is too hearing that sometime in the winter but before the end of year. I asked him to be more specific and he declined.

We were on this conversation today because my storms screen has decided to go bonkers and doesn't register the touch where the finger is located. So now I will be on my 6th Storm.

Anywho, just thought I would through in my 2cents worth.

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    last few BB's have had 256mb....that is my guess...
    I haven't played with the new BB Tour, how much memory is left for apps when you boot up a Tour?

Why is RIM now adding 512MB of App RAM, I mean if we could store apps on the Internal 1Gig of storage and then use the app RAM to run them it would be a lot nicer (so long as the memory mgt works better than WinMobile does)

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I wish for an October launch, but when its ready its ready, we certainly don't want any launch issues like last years.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't played with the new BB Tour, how much memory is left for apps when you boot up a Tour?

Why is RIM now adding 512MB of App RAM, I mean if we could store apps on the Internal 1Gig of storage and then use the app RAM to run them it would be a lot nicer (so long as the memory mgt works better than WinMobile does)
    I was concerned about that when I read the stats on the tour....until I got one.

With all the apps I ran on the storm plus a few new ones now my tour boots up with 128mb of app memory.

since I bought it 5 days ago I have not done a battery pull as of right now I'm sitting at 118mb.

dont' worry about the stats the storm2 is gonna rock :1244:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for that update. I did some poking around to see more about the Tour and when I was reading 256MB flash I felt a lot better figuring at least 100-130MB of free app memory. Its funny how other sites are commenting that its a lack of RAM, but the iPhone has 256MB RAM to run the OS and apps, they just use another set of memory to store apps etc.

So if the Storm 2 comes with 256 and we get the same or better than the Tour I will be very pleased, of course I wouldn't mind 512MB which is really what the BB's should have. Its never about why you need that much memory its about never having to worry about how much memory you have period.

306buddyluv is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow 306buddyluv On Twitter
    Device
    9700/9530
    OS
    5.0.0.421/5.0.0.419
    Liked
    0 times
    512MB, the more memory the better. This being is not just more apps you can have; it just that the apps you have will have more room to operate. Think of this like a computer; every time you run an application is uses additional memory to preform better and faster. Not only that, the web uses extra memory as well.

Have you notice that your blackberry all of a sudden shuts off and restarts its self when you was running an app. Thats because of the memory leak and it ran out of memory. By restarting it self it frees up unused memory.

I am for the 512MB; hell go for 1G. And fix the memory leak issue which has pissed me off by restarting the device in the middle of running BBmaps and other apps.
    SHAKE N BAKE

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    Rationally the storm 2 will most likely have only 256mbs of ram which will be fine. If it were up to us I'm sure we'd overhaul it with a new processor, 1gb ram, and a v8 engine but it has to remain cost effective and still be competitive. But I'd definitely drop an extra hundo for a hardware upgrade on it. Now lets pray they release a more touchscreen friendly OS that can support things like an Animated home screen and maybe some streaming television to go with that wifi!! :bigeyes:
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    SoCalMiles, I would gladly take that high performance V-8 too but battery life is always a concern, BUT, at least we can SWAP out batteries unlike the iPhone.

ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

9550 got updated and got a new processor?? Still slated for August mass production.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Wirelessly posted

9550 got updated and got a new processor?? Still slated for August mass production.
    What processor would that be. With qualcomm it is slim pickings. I would be surprised for August mass production but perhaps your sources are telling you something different. Certainly for those waiting eagerly for this device that would be good news indeed.

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I'm not sure what processor. Heard they were quite busy this month though, and its slated for August. I'll try to find more out.

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    If they mass produce in August what does that mean for in store availability, September or October?

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    If they mass produce in August what does that mean for in store availability, September or October?
    Good question. I am not sure how going into production correlates to release date. I keep hearing November from reliable sources but you know how it is, until it is in my hands powered on, it's all just speculation.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Good question. I am not sure how going into production correlates to release date. I keep hearing November from reliable sources but you know how it is, until it is in my hands powered on, it's all just speculation.
    I am with Jlevy on this one. That's what I keep hearing. I would assume it would take about 3-4 months for mass production.

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I agree and I hope its just as magical as the first time I got my storm....I just got back from a cruise and it was sitting on my door step. I opened it up and took it out and actually understood what they meant by "click screen". I didn't know what to expect but that first click was awesome... I am very excited for the Storm 2 and can't wait to get it and start making some new themes for it :cool2:
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    I am with Jlevy on this one. That's what I keep hearing. I would assume it would take about 3-4 months for mass production.
    I agree. I'm gonna say late Novemember to late December at the latest.

Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I know RIM is all about the corporate customer, but if the Tour is any indication (250-300k units on day one) it would make more sense (to me anyways) to get the Storm 2 WITH a proper OS before the holidays. Peak shopping equals more new and repeat customers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast