Im new to blackberry

Thread: Im new to blackberry

thatguy9 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Liked
    2 times

Im new to blackberry

Im new to blackberry but I just bought 2 blackberry storms on ebay. they work fine but one has alot of dust inside the screen and I was wondering how to get it out. and what is the latest software version for the 9550?

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Hello thatguy9, welcome to BlackBerryOS!

I don't recommend taking the screen apart yourself unless you know what you are doing. I'd call up some local cell phone technicians in your area to see what they would charge to clean out the dust for you. You may need to order a new screen.

As for the latest OS for the 9550, see here... AppalachianWireless_9550_5.0.0.1082 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com

For how to install the OS, see here... http://www.blackberryos.com/blackber...es-videos.html

Be sure to let us know how things work out for you.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    3343247B
    Device
    Black Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    145 times
    I don't recommend this unless you are good at taking apart electronics and putting them back together: What I have done is search YouTube for "how to" videos..that's how I learned to take apart my old Curve 8330 and my Bold 9930. If you are NOT good at that sort of stuff, take Joe's advice and please take it your local fix-it shop!

Again, if you attempt to do it yourself, I will not be held responsible for you throwing your phone across the room out of frustration in a moment of insanity.
    BB then, now, forever!

thatguy9 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Liked
    2 times
    Well I took apart the screen myself, and I didnt know there was adhesive tape under the screen. Now I am in a hole, I didnt crack the screen but I disturbed all the adhesive stuff under the screen, take a look at the pics and try and help me pleaseeee

Im new to blackberry-0407131519.jpgIm new to blackberry-0407131520.jpg

again the screen is not cracked, its just the adhesive tape. How do I get it off, its fixable right??

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Replied to you here.... Storm 2 Screen problem

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone