mohamed esam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    316E66F2
    Device
    storm 9520
    Liked
    0 times

what can i do?

dear blackberry people,i am new here.i just recived my 9520 which had been sent 2 me from italy.i have a big problem that i cant create a new browser profile instead of hotspot .i live in sudan so there is no too much wifi places to surf the web.i want to use my network(MTN Sudan) to surf the web with the original browser,and opera mini cant open youtube or download file.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee people if any one know some sorta of sofrware or any thing that can help me ............................

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed esam View Post
    dear blackberry people,i am new here.i just recived my 9520 which had been sent 2 me from italy.i have a big problem that i cant create a new browser profile instead of hotspot .i live in sudan so there is no too much wifi places to surf the web.i want to use my network(MTN Sudan) to surf the web with the original browser,and opera mini cant open youtube or download file.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee people if any one know some sorta of sofrware or any thing that can help me ............................
    Welcome to mohamed esam

In order to surf the internet with your network (MTN Sudan), that requires a data plan from your mobile carrier.

If you connect via WiFi, that does not require a data plan, but as you said above, there are not many wifi hotspots available.
    ghostryder likes this.

PIN
    316E66F2
    Device
    storm 9520
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks alot grimreaper for respond.please tolerate me a little bit because am not familiar with bb codes,but what is the data plan?

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Welcome to mohamed esam

In order to surf the internet with your network (MTN Sudan), that requires a data plan from your mobile carrier.

If you connect via WiFi, that does not require a data plan, but as you said above, there are not many wifi hotspots available.
    thanks alot grimreaper for respond.please tolerate me a little bit because am not familiar with bb codes,but what is the data plan?
    A data plan is a communication package that you purchase from your carrier that allows you to access the web as your first post indicated you wanted. Without this package, you cannot use your phone the way it is designed. With this package, you can use your cell phone normally, anywhere you can receive a signal from your carrier.
    Hope this helps. If not, post back and I'll try a better explanation.
    spinrekkids and mohamed esam like this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

PIN
    316E66F2
    Device
    storm 9520
    Liked
    0 times
    dear Mr. grimreaper,thanks alot for your help.unfortnatly the way for subscription here in sudan is different from yours.here we send a plain message to the service provider and it respond by sending a setting message to ur phone.many types are not supported to this method(like blackberry),so u have to enter the settings manually. i contacted my network and they said that the only thing i must do is to enter the APN internet to phone settings and it will work but only with opera mini as just browsing not for downloading or watching youtube. i did what they say but another problem appears. opera mini goes weired. it allowed me just 2 times since i downloaded it to surf the net(version4 & version6 both) then it say check network settings.i performed hard reset to the phone & reinstalled it & work well. the moment i close it & try 2 open it again it refuses.i dont know what else what i can do(i tried every possible modification of settings).
    thanks

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    498 times
    dear Mr. grimreaper,thanks alot for your help.unfortnatly the way for subscription here in sudan is different from yours.here we send a plain message to the service provider and it respond by sending a setting message to ur phone.many types are not supported to this method(like blackberry),so u have to enter the settings manually. i contacted my network and they said that the only thing i must do is to enter the APN internet to phone settings and it will work but only with opera mini as just browsing not for downloading or watching youtube. i did what they say but another problem appears. opera mini goes weired. it allowed me just 2 times since i downloaded it to surf the net(version4 & version6 both) then it say check network settings.i performed hard reset to the phone & reinstalled it & work well. the moment i close it & try 2 open it again it refuses.i dont know what else what i can do(i tried every possible modification of settings).
    thanks
    As for your issue, there is two different APN settings for (MTN Sudan) APN access point.

For "Pay As You Go" subscribers, and For "Pay Monthly" subscribers, which I will describe for you below;

For "Pay As You Go" subscribers:

Connection name: MTN Sudan Internet
    Data bearer: Packet data
    Access point name (APN):internet
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: Google or anything else
    Proxy: Disabled

For "Pay Monthly" subscribers:

Connection name: MTN Sudan Internet
    Data bearer: Packet data
    Access point name (APN): internet1
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: Google or anything else
    Proxy: Disabled

The APN settings can be found via Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP , then enter

If I may suggest, when posting messages next time, try to post without the Bold Thank you.