Thread: Help with recovering unlocked 9550

Cmatt9550 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Help with recovering unlocked 9550

Hey everyone, recently my Storm 2 bricked itself. Before I went to bed one night I put my phone on the charger like always and set my alarm, and when I woke up I realized my alarm hadn't gone off and the phone was blank with just the red LED on. I thought my battery had finally died because it was not holding a charge well at all, even for the Storm 2 it was having exceptionally low battery life... But I put a different battery in to see if that was the problem and still no luck, so I went ahead and assumed the worst; my phone was officially bricked.

I have read the articles about how to recover a nuked/bricked phone but since mine was unlocked and I have been using T-mobile I wanted to know if I recovered my phone would it lock itself back to the Verizon network? I hope not because my phone was running awesome before the mishap and I'd really like to get it functioning again... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    No, once your phone is unlocked it won't lock back up again. So you are fine with going through the process of recovering your nuked BlackBerry... How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Cmatt9550 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the swift response... I tried following those procedures exactly as they are laid out but when I get to the part where I have to reload all of the device software I get an error message while trying to reconnect with the JVM, it says cannot connect to the device. I don't know what to do, I'm somewhat of a newb with this stuff

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmatt9550 View Post
    Thanks for the swift response... I tried following those procedures exactly as they are laid out but when I get to the part where I have to reload all of the device software I get an error message while trying to reconnect with the JVM, it says cannot connect to the device. I don't know what to do, I'm somewhat of a newb with this stuff
    Try the process again. Maybe it didn't take the first time. Keep us updated on what happens.

Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Blackberry Unlocking is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry
    Liked
    13 times
    Unlocking Blackberry is simply removing the SIM lock which limits the use of your Blackberry with the carrier it's branded with... it has nothing to do with the issue on your device... try to wipe it.
    Blackberry unlocking
    Unlock Blackberry online

spinrekkids is offline Forum Moderator Follow spinrekkids On Twitter Add spinrekkids on Facebook
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    iPhone5S/9900
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry Unlocking View Post
    Unlocking Blackberry is simply removing the SIM lock which limits the use of your Blackberry with the carrier it's branded with... it has nothing to do with the issue on your device... try to wipe it.
    Agree....wipe device and reload OS