9550 is not recognized by BB desktop manager but PC does recognize it, any help please!!!

Thread: 9550 is not recognized by BB desktop manager but PC does recognize it, any help please!!!

adanxeo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy 9550 is not recognized by BB desktop manager but PC does recognize it, any help please!!!

I have a weird error here, might be a security issue I donīt know. The PC recognize the BB but the Desktop Manager donīt, I think someone tried too many time to unlocked the BB by using the MEP option. The thing is I wanted to upload a new OS but BBSAK donīt recognize the phone either so I donīt know what to do .... any help please??? Thanks in advance

Adan

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adanxeo View Post
    I have a weird error here, might be a security issue I donīt know. The PC recognize the BB but the Desktop Manager donīt, I think someone tried too many time to unlocked the BB by using the MEP option. The thing is I wanted to upload a new OS but BBSAK donīt recognize the phone either so I donīt know what to do .... any help please??? Thanks in advance

Adan
    Hello Adan, first try a different USB port on your computer.

Also, close out all programs, open up BBSAK, then plug in device via USB.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Smile

Hi Joe:

I could make it works, and installed a new OS, my question now is if this would reset the MEP locked? what I was trying to do is to be able to input an unlock code.

Changing the OS would do that? Or by simply wiping the OS would unlock everything?

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Hi Joe:

I could make it works, and installed a new OS, my question now is if this would reset the MEP locked? what I was trying to do is to be able to input an unlock code.

Changing the OS would do that? Or by simply wiping the OS would unlock everything?
    So you have tried to enter the MEP code and hit the 10 times limit?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I actually didnīt but someone else did, and bring the phone to me, and he told me that they did tried 10 times to enter the MEP code

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy

I think is locked after 10 attemps I think since when I type MEPD and then MEP2 doesīt show me anything to input the code, is there something else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Adan

TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Liked
    123 times
    I am not sure how the MEP works when switching OS. It my save the lock out in a deep registry file that wont be removed from phone even unless you wipe the whole phone. Have you tried wiping the phone?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    TheOnlyJrod Thanks for your answer.

Iīve have been reading a lot about it, but Iīm not sure if wiping the whole phone means to wipe the IT Policy? Iīve read about Crackutil and other solution which is calling from the command line the apploader but using /resettofactory after the apploader.exe, but Iīm not sure if this is what you are talking about or there something else?

Thanks

Adan

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    You can't wipe the device to reset the password. After attempting (and failing) to enter the proper unlock code 10 times, the device is permanently hard-locked, and cannot be unlocked. As far as I know, you have to bring it to a cell phone repair that has the proper software to reset the counter.

I also read this and may help, but may not be accurate information...

This is the solution for anyone having 0 attempts remaining to enter their mep/unlock code.
    Install Blackberry desktop manager on your pc. This is a free download from the Blackberry website.
    Connect the Blackberry handset to your pc.
    Open this software; it shows booting Rom and will ask for phone unlock code. This is not asking for the mep code, but rather the user code. If no code is entered then it will update Rom automatically.
    Your handset will now reboot and the number of attempts will go back to 10; giving you an additional 10 attempts to enter your unlock code.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot Joe for your answer, I tried wiping the IT Policy using Crackutil, Reset to factory using BBSak but still not working. I tried what this guy said but it doesnīt come up the screen asking me for a code or I might be doing something wrong. It doesnīt say if is using a valid sim in the phone or not sim at all.

Anyways thanks a lot, Iīll keep trying and searching for a software capable to do that.

Thanks again

Adan

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1501 times
    Thanks a lot Joe for your answer, I tried wiping the IT Policy using Crackutil, Reset to factory using BBSak but still not working. I tried what this guy said but it doesnīt come up the screen asking me for a code or I might be doing something wrong. It doesnīt say if is using a valid sim in the phone or not sim at all.

Anyways thanks a lot, Iīll keep trying and searching for a software capable to do that.

Thanks again

Adan
    From what I read, there is a software that can do it but it may be a licensed product so only a authorized dealer would be able to use it. But, that doesn't mean there aren't any home-made version that may get the job done. I'll post back here if I find anything.

Also, post if you do come up with a solution as well.
    meet5 likes this.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    From what I read, there is a software that can do it but it may be a licensed product so only a authorized dealer would be able to use it. But, that doesn't mean there aren't any home-made version that may get the job done. I'll post back here if I find anything.

Also, post if you do come up with a solution as well.
    Thank you Joe. Iīve tried the Rom Booter you cand find in many forums and websites but is not working, at least for me. I will be still searching as well and of course let you know if I find something that works. Thanks in advance.

Adan

meet5 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3129ee86
    Device
    storm 9550
    OS
    5.0 bundle1656
    Liked
    0 times
    man u r just superb.......i m seeing all the problem releted to black berry and found ur answer in the most ....amazing.....thanks

Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by meet5 View Post
    man u r just superb.......i m seeing all the problem releted to black berry and found ur answer in the most ....amazing.....thanks
    Iīm glad we could be of any help!