Thread: Hard to say goodbye

awill300 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times

Hard to say goodbye

Being a Storm user from day one and the excitement of watching guys create hybrids making the Storm1 into a device we could somewhat be half proud of and then there was the rush of feeling the new Storm2 and and the tricks you guys mastered to make this device work regardless to the lack of performance we ran into. BBOS ALWAYS had an answer to get things up and running. But I think the time has come to say goodbye to the Storm family. I really believe RIM has blown it with these major delays concerning the two devices that could've put them on top, and they are the playbook and the Storm3 (not to say they will not be very good) but how can you catch up with what's out there now and is to come. We all have seen the specs plus the delays and to me its no longer worth the wait. So with that said and done I must jump ship to the Droid system with the iPad2. It's been real fellas. Later, Much Love to my BBOS family:hail::17:

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by awill300 View Post
    Being a Storm user from day one and the excitement of watching guys create hybrids making the Storm1 into a device we could somewhat be half proud of and then there was the rush of feeling the new Storm2 and and the tricks you guys mastered to make this device work regardless to the lack of performance we ran into. BBOS ALWAYS had an answer to get things up and running. But I think the time has come to say goodbye to the Storm family. I really believe RIM has blown it with these major delays concerning the two devices that could've put them on top, and they are the playbook and the Storm3 (not to say they will not be very good) but how can you catch up with what's out there now and is to come. We all have seen the specs plus the delays and to me its no longer worth the wait. So with that said and done I must jump ship to the Droid system with the iPad2. It's been real fellas. Later, Much Love to my BBOS family:hail::17:
    Say it ain't so! :17:

I understand your frustration with the progress that RIM has been making. We hope that they can deliver in the future for us, and we have hope that they will be able to turn it around with a QNX based operating system.

We will miss you as a BB user, don't be a stranger, we do have a small Droid and iPhone forum on the site.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times
    man you guys are like family, I can never stay away from this site. The respect and knowledge this site brings is unmatched. I never thought I could see myself using a device outside of BB (Storm to be exact) but who knows I have'nt pulled the plug yet, and trust me its hard. If we could just get a leak (9550) like the other devices it would give some hope

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    man you guys are like family, I can never stay away from this site. The respect and knowledge this site brings is unmatched. I never thought I could see myself using a device outside of BB (Storm to be exact) but who knows I have'nt pulled the plug yet, and trust me its hard. If we could just get a leak (9550) like the other devices it would give some hope
    I also sport a 9550. Been hoping for a leaked OS for awhile now. I imagine that we will see another trickle out eventually being there are still a lot of Storm users.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    Awill...the torch is a really nice substitute for the time being. Functions like the Storm only with more memory and faster processing. Being a die hard Storm user I found myself in a situation where I couldn't wait any longer. Looked at the torch and figured I would give it a whirl while waiting for the S3.

I'm still waiting for the S3, and will get it when it finally gets here. In the meantime, the torch hasn't disappointed me yet. I don't even slide it open, I use it just like the Storm.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    The bigger screen size of the new Storm will be a nice addition. I also think the trackpad will be handy... I wonder if one can use it in a game as a directional pad while using virtual buttons on the screen. That would be nice for gameplay as I can't stand virtual screen buttons.

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    I too am on the lookout for a leak of some kind to come along for the S2...it has been very disheartening and discouraging seeing all else more ahead and we are left defending and holding onnnnn for some glimmer of hope. Have way to much invested in jumping ship for now...but getting TIRED of waiting for some Love to come our way from RIM.
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    P. Blakeney

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    I too am on the lookout for a leak of some kind to come along for the S2...it has been very disheartening and discouraging seeing all else more ahead and we are left defending and holding onnnnn for some glimmer of hope. Have way to much invested in jumping ship for now...but getting TIRED of waiting for some Love to come our way from RIM.
    I gave up on seeing any kind of effort toward the S2 anymore. I started using my 9650 even though I do like the touchscreen devices more. I'll most likely get the 9850 Monaco when it releases this year. However, I do like the specs on the new Bold 9930.

basshunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow basshunter On Twitter
    PIN
    314CA2AD
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Carrier
    VodafoneAU
    Liked
    8 times
    "OS6 is coming soon and there will be a few current devices that are able to run it...the Storm is not one of them..." I've been hurting since then. And still have a while to go before I'm un-depressed haha *weeps*...

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Over in Germany currently and back home tomorrow. Would have liked to have a World Storm while here but that was not to be. Given all of our conversations on the Storm 2 and waiting for some positive leaks...will just wait for all the dust to settle on what comes next. I did however get the issue taken care of regarding repeat contact entries when I went to ver.1015 that some of us experienced. They ended up doing a remote complete wipe and reload to 1015 and all is now working well. Don't know what the deal was when I did a wipe and load but there was a glitch somewhere.
    P. Blakeney

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    I had my Storm2 unlocked while I was living out of the states. Never did have any issues with .1015, but always thought a official hybrid from RIM that was a OS 5/6 release would be nice.

Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times
    Speaking of Hybrids, where are all the hybrid developers considering the amount of leaks out now. It would be nice if someone could brew up one or two like the old days. Remember when hybrids use to drop like hotcakes. Man I miss those days. Help me Lord!!

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    Speaking of Hybrids, where are all the hybrid developers considering the amount of leaks out now. It would be nice if someone could brew up one or two like the old days. Remember when hybrids use to drop like hotcakes. Man I miss those days. Help me Lord!!
    Member Teostar has a couple of Storm OS 6/5 hybrids out. Never tried them though, and they only use a couple features from OS 6.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Member Teostar has a couple of Storm OS 6/5 hybrids out. Never tried them though, and they only use a couple features from OS 6.
    Hey Joe, awill300 was looking for a 9550 OS release? Would this suit his needs? 9550 Storm 2 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com or this one? 9550 Storm 2 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Hey Joe, awill300 was looking for a 9550 OS release? Would this suit his needs? 9550 Storm 2 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com or this one? 9550 Storm 2 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com
    Both are fine. One is for Leaked, and one is for Official.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt