Storm 2 will have WiFi and be released sooner then you may think - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Storm 2 will have WiFi and be released sooner then you may think

Crucial is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    Due to the configuration of the device and the lack of a physical keyboard, the screen will always be separated from the bottom of the device, whereas if it had a keyboard, you wouldn't see the separation at the bottom. The space around the screen of this model is much less than the previous version.

Going to have to disagree with the OP on the time table. This device has not even entered into pre-prod and will not do so for a little bit. Which puts next month completely out of reach. Add Big Red to the equation, and that equals more time. This device has been fast tracked in comparison, but you won't see it in June or July.
    Last edited by Stiefler; 05-20-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: forgot an h :p NP

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    Due to the configuration of the device and the lack of a physical keyboard, the screen will always be separated from the bottom of the device, whereas if it had a keyboard, you wouldn't see the separation at the bottom. The space around the screen of this model is much less than the previous version.

Going to have to disagree with the OP on the time table. This device has not even entered into pre-prod and will not do so for a little bit. Which puts next month completely out of reach. Add Big Red to the equation, and that equals more time. This device has been fast tracked in comparison, but you won't see it in June or July.
    Thank you for the input....and welcome to the forum Crucial.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times

Welcome to BlackBerryOS Crucial, look forward to seeing you in the forum!

Thank you for you insight, only time will tell definitively though.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Hey Crucial nice to see you here. What was the rationale behind changing the layout of of the screen. Did VZW just get tired of all of the return they had due to issues related to keyboard or did RIM geniunely come up with a better design.

I'm not sure if you can address this but pressing mechanism that has been talked about so much, will it still have click to it or will it more resemble the iPhone in terms of only having to touch the keyboard for an input to register.

I am not surprised to hear you say that the release of Storm 2 is a ways off. Do you think an August release is plausible?

medshog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    i'm hoping the OP is right, but if not..i'm going to have a smart phone by july-ish the question is which ones will be out? fingers crossed though

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times

Welcome Crucial, glad to see you posting here, and as always with some good insight. I too would appreciate any info you have on the difference of the screen interface, if you will or wont have to click it.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    I tend to lean in the direction of September-ish rather than the summer. I will hope for the best and not be disappointed if I see it later in the year.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by medshog View Post
    i'm hoping the OP is right, but if not..i'm going to have a smart phone by july-ish the question is which ones will be out? fingers crossed though
    I'm most likely gonna get the Tour, but shortly after, def the Storm2

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial

Welcome welcome Crucial. Always appreciate your valuable input. Hoping to see ya frequently on here

PincBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Posted today on another site:
    The report makes clear that both phones would be cleared for shipment in around six months, which certainly jibes with whispers we've heard about Sprint's mighty short exclusivity period. The news came from the company's Lowell McAdam, the top executive for the venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone. To quote: "Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm." First Sprint, then AT&T, and now Verizon? T-Mobile, where you at?
    And yet another reliable site says:
    Verizon has also confirmed that it would release the BlackBerry Storm 2 and the BlackBerry Tour, most probably before 2010.
    Last edited by PincBerry; 05-28-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: More info found

GirlieGirl285 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Curve 8330
    Liked
    0 times
    i read in an article that it will possibly be released by the end of this year...but what does verizon know, since they cant say anything.
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
    -- Abraham Lincoln
    :You_Rock_Emoticon::banana::grouphug:

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieGirl285 View Post
    i read in an article that it will possibly be released by the end of this year...but what does verizon know, since they cant say anything.
    Yes I agree seems like 4th quarter of this year perhaps even 1st quarter of next seems likely from everything I've read.

ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yes I agree seems like 4th quarter of this year perhaps even 1st quarter of next seems likely from everything I've read.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna say they're gonna wait at least a year after the first Storm to release this one. And 5.0 to drop.

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    I found this site during my search for info about the release date of the next storm(odin). love this site and how it's making me just want this phone even more.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4RUDY View Post
    I found this site during my search for info about the release date of the next storm(odin). love this site and how it's making me just want this phone even more.
    Welcome to BB OS!!! Check out our forums!!! Great to have you here!!! and Yes, we all are waiting for this phone. It's just looks hot!

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS Fish! Glad to have you here and hope to see you in the forums!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Glad you found us

Welcome to BlackberryOS Fish

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    Now if we could juSt get this phone.