Device
    Storm
    OS
    this is crazy!!!

awtryau89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    NA
    Device
    Wow!!! This is very interesting. I am a GSM user and want one so badly on ATT. Currently using the Storm 1 on ATT on Edge and very happy. Knowing this is probably good information, it make a whole lot more sense as I have a good source at ATT as well.

As you know, living in Atlanta where Cingular's/ATT's main offices are, I live in a neighborhood with a few ATT employees. One is a field tech and always has the latest phones. He looks like batman because he wears so many phones on his belt. He is always testing new models to see how they perform. Anyway, to my point. I showed him my Storm on ATT and he was very familiar with Crackberry and how to make it work on ATT. He told me that he was supposed to be getting a touchscreen Blackberry for testing. He stated that ATT had been in negotiations with RIM to carry one and would release their version before the Holidays like they did the Bold last year. He was trashing the Storm 1 stating that ATTs version would have all the bugs out of it and have Wifi as all their smartphones moving forward would be required to have Wifi. He stated that these were the plans they were hearing but as always, the plans could change based on testing.

Anyway, I am going to have to wait this one out. If Verizon releases it early this summer, they may have a 6 month pre-release agreement. Hopefully we will be hearing some more info about a GSM version before the Verizon release so I am not tempted to by a CDMA version and unlock it.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Wow, this is sucky news for those of us who got the strom 1. I've had this phone for 5 months and now it's already going to be old news. Something just doesn't seem right. I have a hard time believing we will see this by the end of June. Maybe the end of the year.

If they do release it next month, they sure as heck better offer at least a $99 upgrade for current owners.

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Consider this: In my experience with VZW, they have never done anything that was not to their advantage or involving the Big picture. And the Big picture here is recovering from bad choices.

Bad choice #1 The Iphone was first offered to VZW and they turned it down (the old 'that will never fly' type attitude.) So the push was to get out a product that would be an 'Iphone' killer.
    Bad choice #2 Hype up the new BBStorm. And that they did. Had everyone hungry like Homer Simpson. It was suppose to be stable but quite a few good people lost their jobs when the press got a hold of it. Again, thank God for BBOS.
    Bad (?) choice #3 Buy one, Get one. Here starts the Big picture. People are still curious and a lot want to try it for themselves. And let's not forget that there are developers out there fixing our problems for us. Even Reps were given the ok to casually suggest alternative options for upgrades.
    Good 4 them #1 Every Storm comes with a Data plan. Get everyone to have at least two and they make more money.
    Bad choice #4 If you can't beat'em, join'em. Look at all of the new acquisitions and trading of assets. The hope is to get the Iphone back on board. Don't worry about all the problems with the different networks, we'll figure that out later. [Last year VZW allowed Iphone users and others to switch their phone over just to get those customers. It was an IT nightmare.]
    Finally - Upgrades have always played in their favor and this is not going to change now. You just don't get something for nothing. Even if you kick, shout or complain they may give you the Storm2 but it's gonna cost you. It may a line change, a contract extension or just the plain ol' headaches of having a product that is still a work-n-progress.

I4One say: Don't advertize. Give all that money to the hard working people who know what we want and how to get it right.

moosc is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow moosc On Twitter
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    I can wait for ODEN to drop. But thank about this with add WiFI what will we loae? Next early release makes sense the pre drops in june for 199$ and a new iphone in july. See the picture all hail to ODEN

Sooner33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Ask and I Might Tell
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    .131 + 5.0 Hybrid
    great , im so glad they care about the storm 1 users

guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    hey thanks for the info....any updates on that??

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted

Wow spider
    Nice write up. You touched on a few good points.

I'm not holding my breath though..didn't vzw sell over a million storm V1's?
    Not very likely that we will see any compensation for being a device ginuea pig.
    I think the big picture here is rim told vzw the storm wasn't ready vzw said no get ot ready for Xmas.
    So they did and now ts the whole "well we told you it wasn't ready"
    Bottom line end user taken it from behind without even a thank you or a kiss first.

Can you tell I'm a little upset? Lol

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast