Storm 2 will have WiFi and be released sooner then you may think - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Storm 2 will have WiFi and be released sooner then you may think

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    My sisters, nephew, uncles, cousin said that BBOS was releasing them directly from their site tomorrow.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I do see some typos in my post...sorry I cant edit for some reason....no button.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I do see some typos in my post...sorry I cant edit for some reason....no button.
    Sorry rellims that was me. It will be fixed after the Laker - Denver series

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I had a though about this earlier if they would give the storm one owners a break on the price to upgrade. Now my numbers may be off slightly but....with 15 million subscribers and 1 millions storm 1s sold that means storm users represent approximately 7% of the VZW network. The way I see it is to offer 7% of the network a price break on the phone (they will make the profit up in service and data use) would be in the best interest of VZW. Giving 7% a discount to keep a customer would hardly break the bank however making 7% of your customers angry in one fail swoop could be unrecoverable. Just my .02!
    Have to agree with you on this one Rellims. One thing large companies understand is the loss or gain of money. Someone's got to pay for allll those VZW network people that are behind US all the way......at:
    P. Blakeney

tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver98 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I'm gonna wait for a review before I do anything. I rushed out to buy the storm 1 and now I wish I didn't. If the storm 2 doesn't get great reviews ill stick with my storm 1
    :crucified: Thanks to BBOS: V5.1/141, I don't regret my Storm #1 purchase, but I will wait and see before I buy into another.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

I get frustrated with my storm sometimes, but still love it, so I know storm2 will be even better

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    I have to say the Storm has been the most fun I have had with a device in a long time. Think about how many nights you stayed up loading the latest leaked beta or hybrid. There is not another BlackBerry that has gotten more attention than the Storm. I can only hope that with the Storm II that we will be afforded the opportunity to have the kind of fun we had with the Storm and that RIM continues to update the original.

blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone new to the posting but been lover of everything about this site. Well i know its probably hard to believe me but thats the readers choice. I work in Verizon Wireless as a manager. I see all the posts about everyone hoping that they will give you an option to upgrade. I hate to say it dont count on it. This will be a first time I have ever seen verizon ever do this. As many people that say that the Storm was a flop, Verizon's Bogo offer helped save the device. I agree with everyone in saying that there should be an option but I dont see it. Now that I can devote a little more time and I like how this site works I will begin to share what info I receive on the device. Dont expect a lot of info because we dont get all that much info on releases until late. PS. When you see someone saying that they work for Verizon and are a rep dont believe anything they say. Reps do not receive any inside information. I have 10 working under me right now and none of them could tell you anything the BGR knows.

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrymylife View Post
    Hello everyone new to the posting but been lover of everything about this site. Well i know its probably hard to believe me but thats the readers choice. I work in Verizon Wireless as a manager. I see all the posts about everyone hoping that they will give you an option to upgrade. I hate to say it dont count on it. This will be a first time I have ever seen verizon ever do this. As many people that say that the Storm was a flop, Verizon's Bogo offer helped save the device. I agree with everyone in saying that there should be an option but I dont see it. Now that I can devote a little more time and I like how this site works I will begin to share what info I receive on the device. Dont expect a lot of info because we dont get all that much info on releases until late. PS. When you see someone saying that they work for Verizon and are a rep dont believe anything they say. Reps do not receive any inside information. I have 10 working under me right now and none of them could tell you anything the BGR knows.

Welcome to BlackBerryOS blackberrymylife. We are glad to have you and look forward to seeing you in the forums.

blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you bbcrackman must say I have met a few Rim program writers and some of the os testers. But I must admit your one name that even they have began to use. It shocked me but figured id share it with you. Great jobs on your os changes.

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Thank you bbcrackman must say I have met a few Rim program writers and some of the os testers. But I must admit your one name that even they have began to use. It shocked me but figured id share it with you. Great jobs on your os changes.
    Very nice to here and thank you blackberrymylife. Look forward to your insight.

BBC

Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    I have to say the Storm has been the most fun I have had with a device in a long time. Think about how many nights you stayed up loading the latest leaked beta or hybrid. There is not another BlackBerry that has gotten more attention than the Storm. I can only hope that with the Storm II that we will be afforded the opportunity to have the kind of fun we had with the Storm and that RIM continues to update the original.
    I completely agree:haha:
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    that is nice to hear. BBC does make the finest hybrids around. Rumor has it that VZW just passed V5 as their next official OS :lmao:

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    that is nice to hear. BBC does make the finest hybrids around. Rumor has it that VZW just passed V5 as their next official OS :lmao:
    Thanks j, I appreciate it...

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Thanks j, I appreciate it...
    No, we appreciate it :boobies:

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, bbcrackman, I agree with everyone praising your hybrids and am joining them!!! You sure you don't want to work for RIM?

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Yes, bbcrackman, I agree with everyone praising your hybrids and am joining them!!! You sure you don't want to work for RIM?

:arms: I dont see RIM employment anytime soon

medshog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    hello all, just joined the site because i've been looking to make the jump to a smartphone. i was going to buy a storm in the next couple of weeks but thanks to this i'm definitely waiting.

is there any truth that the storm2 will have a "clickless" interface or is that more twisting of words?

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by medshog View Post
    hello all, just joined the site because i've been looking to make the jump to a smartphone. i was going to buy a storm in the next couple of weeks but thanks to this i'm definitely waiting.

is there any truth that the storm2 will have a "clickless" interface or is that more twisting of words?
    The "Storm2" will have TruePress (touchscreen) instead of SurePress (Touch-Clicking screen)

medshog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    hopefully that's implemented well. why doesn't the storm2 have the screen flushed with the rest of the device as a single piece? the pictures show a kind of separation from the bottom of the phone and the screen (like the existing storm). wonder why they did that

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast