OS
    Ask Lou.
    and is it guna be "storm 2" ?

ewatson660 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3056162A
    Device
    2 Storm 9530's
    ILL BE IN LINE FOR SURE! AND IM READY FOR BBCRACKMAN TO FIX IT! LMAO.............................:AR15firing::23:

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    This sounds to good to be true but I am hoping for the best as I would love to see this phone come out sooner rather than later. Boy Genius got a hold from one of his insiders at VZW and it did not show the Storm 2 on their roadmap for the foreseeable future. I am not saying BGR is always right but one thing we know for certain is that VZW tends to delay their releases not expedite them.

Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    whats up all? been a little while for me since im in the middle of the ocean right now. sadly to say if this happens i think im done with the Storm. obviously even RIM/VZW see it as inferior and thats why they are rushing to put out a 2nd one already. May end up going to another evil phone. only time will tell. Unless they make it where if you got screwed and bought a Storm they allow you to upgrade for cheap to the Storm 2.

hope everyone is well. i see there have been some changes as far as personnel and their titles. congrats to all!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Tufo View Post
    whats up all? been a little while for me since im in the middle of the ocean right now. sadly to say if this happens i think im done with the Storm. obviously even RIM/VZW see it as inferior and thats why they are rushing to put out a 2nd one already. May end up going to another evil phone. only time will tell. Unless they make it where if you got screwed and bought a Storm they allow you to upgrade for cheap to the Storm 2.

hope everyone is well. i see there have been some changes as far as personnel and their titles. congrats to all!
    Hey Brian good to see you hope all is well.

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    I still think that I'm gonna hold out until I at least get a chance to see the Tour or better yet the Atlas which is supposed to drop about the same time on VZW before I rush out and get the Storm2. I cant type for #$%& on my Storm as it is now, and I am really missing a keyboard right about now. Not saying the phone doesnt have alot of features that I love, but the typing has been really annoying me as of late. Dont know why now, but it is. Probably started to realize it upon news of the other 2's releases, lol.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I think this is a bad PR move on VZWs part unless they offer a sweet upgrade deal for v1 owners. I also think this was carefully planned, possibly to test the BB touch screen market. Two points a) BOGO on the hottest device on the market....really? b) I always wondered why when I'm building themes plasmic has a wifi icon in the stock storm theme?? Coincidence, I think not.
    I wouldnt be suprised to see them do some kind of exchange or upgrade program(we all know about rims but theirs can be well a lil pricey). I think it will be one of those we call in with a problem and this will be an option to upgrade out of our storm 1, kinda like calling in and getting the curve instead

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Well, I 'm not sure what to make of this, it sounds good and everyone is making some good points. Help me out though, if I remember correctly the current storm was all over the fall airways with a ton of advertising. I want to say it was close to two months during football season I saw commercials before it was released.

I had a dumb phone at that time with a need for a blackberry but not enough to make me rush out an buy one. The storm however was an eye catcher, it was on Verizon which I was currently on and I said "nice phone, I don't need it but I think I might want it" January rolls around and I can upgrade so I do.

My point is if the Storm 2 is going to be released earlier then why am I still seeing commercials for the present storm and not the new one? If the project release date is end of this month or the end of next month it doesn't seem to provide alot of time to promote it. If it is far superior to our current version I do agree with everyone else that the current Storm owners should be allowed to upgrade for a very reasonable amount without having to extend our contracts.

Thankfully we have leaked OS's sir BBCrackman who has made our devices a pleasure to use, Hats off again to all of his work.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast