skygear is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    her down
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times

Official: BlackBerry Storm 2 OS 5.0.0.1015

Verizon Wireless is at it again, this time they made OS 5.0.0.1015 for the BlackBerry Storm 2 official. This release has lots of improvements and enhancements. Get it from Verizon Wireless's website, through BlackBerry Desktop Manager, or possibly OTA. Unfortunately no offical OS6 yet for the Storm 2, but hopefully its on the horizon! Great time to update your Storm 2 while the turkey's in the oven!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Release Notes

Improvements:

• Boot up more quickly.
    • Transition smoothly between wireless coverage areas.
    • Deliver improved audio on:
      • Voice calls.
      • Content-protected video.
    • Deliver improved video playback:
      • Through a headset.
      • With media files designated as protected content.
    Enhancements:

• Send text messages to multiple recipients while receiving a call.
    • Enter more than 160 characters in a text message when connected to a GSM/UMTS network.
    • Browse, download, and install widgets from V CAST Apps.
    • New access to multiple widgets that provide users with quick access to Internet content of their choice.
    • Smoothly activate enterprise secure wipe/lock IT policy rule sets
    Last edited by Tevansny; 11-25-2010 at 12:12 PM.

ahart019 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

opera mini

Could someone just let me know of Opera Mini works with this update? I haven't updated since OS 5.0.0.517 for the reason of Opera having weird screen issues. And since I am getting no BB 6 love with webkit, opera has to do!

Thanks,
    Justin

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ahart019 View Post
    Could someone just let me know of Opera Mini works with this update? I haven't updated since OS 5.0.0.517 for the reason of Opera having weird screen issues. And since I am getting no BB 6 love with webkit, opera has to do!

Thanks,
    Justin
    Justin,

I can't speak to your issue sorry, but I tried this release when I was leaked and had an issue with my phone book being lost. I went back to an earlier OS and all was well. I waited thinking that the official release would be good to go. However when loaded I had the same lost phone book issue so, I am going back to previous OS and not dealing with this new one at all. :no:
    P. Blakeney

man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ahart019 View Post

Thanks,
    Justin
    Yeah bro your going to keep having that problem until Opera does a fix for the newer os's but mine is running great with no issues did a clean wipe an it booted up great!

jserr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Lost Contacts

[QUOTE=Pblakeney;212284]Justin,

Anyone know of a way to fix the "Lost Phonebook" issue? I've wiped clean and reloaded twice. I get 55 of my 600 contacts. It amazes me that RIM and/or Verizon don't experience this before making it official.

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I have loaded and re loaded this OS multiple times since it first leaked. I have never experienced a phone book issue.. I believe it may have something to do with your Backup file... Just a guess...

IronHide is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow IronHide On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.743 Hybrid
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    I have loaded and re loaded this OS multiple times since it first leaked. I have never experienced a phone book issue.. I believe it may have something to do with your Backup file... Just a guess...
    No, he is not the only one..it's not common, but several of us have been afflicted with this PITA bug.
    Since .983, If I reload my contacts using DM, out of my 550 odd contacts, I will get one random one repeated hundreds of times.

Have spent MANY hours trying to work my way around and can't. Am back on .895.

Shame, because I loved everything else about that build!!
    Last edited by IronHide; 11-26-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Free your mind........your ass will follow!

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Hmm.. Looks like a hybrid is in order then
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IronHide View Post
    No, he is not the only one..it's not common, but several of us have been afflicted with this PITA bug.
    Since .983, If I reload my contacts using DM, out of my 550 odd contacts, I will get one random one repeated hundreds of times.

Have spent MANY hours trying to work my way around and can't. Am back on .895.

Shame, because I loved everything else about that build!!
    Ditto, cuz I thought it was just me or an issue with my phone or a line that got stepped on or corrupted. Random number repeated multiple times is what I was getting.

tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

My 2 cents about os 5.0.0.1015

I installed 5.0.0.1015 Thanksgiving night without any issues other then having to re read forum help posts. :hail: :cool2:
    Pros:
    #Boot time improved, all round response time in and out of apps are very good, #speaker phone seems louder as well as hard wired headphones. #Sound quality and volume are good, both with or without bluetooth headset when making or receiving phone calls, #Camera, video camera, music player, as well as voice notes recorder are working great without the lag time I had before this os install.

Cons:
    #Not able to get bluetooth to work with music player no matter what I try, #Music player works fine with hard wired headphones (but from time to time I get a loud pop noise through head set), #I have to do a song and dance each and everytime I want to play (Slacker, Flycast, or Tunein) via bluetooth headphone, #The volume and sound quality suck hard via bluetooth.

Other observations:

I can turn up as well as down the volume of both radio and music player without having to be in its' app. I was not able to that before this upgrade. I would have to go back to the app in order to adjust the volume. :1244:

Over all I am please with this os, but I hope I can over come my bluetooth issues before next mowing season arrives.

bluetooth device used: Dell BH200
    Storm 9550 os v5.0.0.1015
    Curve 9330 os v6.0.0.524

Mackone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Is there any difference between the leaked version of the os 5.0.0.1015 and the official version?............Thanks

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackone View Post
    Is there any difference between the leaked version of the os 5.0.0.1015 and the official version?............Thanks
    Typically the only differences between Leaked OS's and Officials are language files.
    Posted via mobile device

TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    The standard official version is identical to the leaked version, Like Hodges said there is also an option for multi-language. You will need the net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod from .979, 983 or 1022 to fix bedside mode. OpenGL is broken. Contact restore has issues with seeing some of your contact entries as corrupt and fails. If your using outlook, export to csv and import to google.com\contacts. install google sync and restore your contacts. from this point you can either continue to use google sync or go back to outlook. I went to Google Sync when .191 came out for the S1 and have never looked back. Unability to "cleanup" low res pictures while viewing them. the "fit to screen" option is missing. Only displays when zoomed in. It used to display all the time and clicking that would fix the resolution. loud pop during the begining of any type of audio via headphones, blinking progress bar on music only during playback with full album art only in portrait, which can be fixed with net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod from .841 or .607. Issues arrise from RIM adding a somewhat transparent progress bar. Mini Opera problem is not the an issue with the OS but a compatibility problem between the new OS and Opera, expect an update from Opera soon now that this OS is official.

I like it, but am very disapointed that this became official with as many issues as it has. Easy fixes, but Come on RIM, this is Official, we shouldnt have to keep fixing your OS's

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBroken View Post
    The standard official version is identical to the leaked version, Like Hodges said there is also an option for multi-language. You will need the net_rim_bb_clock_lib.cod from .979, 983 or 1022 to fix bedside mode. OpenGL is broken. Contact restore has issues with seeing some of your contact entries as corrupt and fails. If your using outlook, export to csv and import to google.com\contacts. install google sync and restore your contacts. from this point you can either continue to use google sync or go back to outlook. I went to Google Sync when .191 came out for the S1 and have never looked back. Unability to "cleanup" low res pictures while viewing them. the "fit to screen" option is missing. Only displays when zoomed in. It used to display all the time and clicking that would fix the resolution. loud pop during the begining of any type of audio via headphones, blinking progress bar on music only during playback with full album art only in portrait, which can be fixed with net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine.cod from .841 or .607. Issues arrise from RIM adding a somewhat transparent progress bar. Mini Opera problem is not the an issue with the OS but a compatibility problem between the new OS and Opera, expect an update from Opera soon now that this OS is official.

I like it, but am very disapointed that this became official with as many issues as it has. Easy fixes, but Come on RIM, this is Official, we shouldnt have to keep fixing your OS's
    Thanks for the indepth intell TB.

I will not go through these steps to wright what should not be there for an "Official" release. Nothing intended with the work arounds you've taken the time to list. I just don't want to have to take the steps to fix or work around these issues. It takes what seems like an eternity to see any Love for the 9550 to begin with when compared to other models and now to then not be fully operational!!!!! So, will have to wait for the next "Official" release or a message from RIM and VZ stating this OS and it's issues have been addressed.

Does anyone know if either RIM or VZ are aware of these bugs in this OS?
    P. Blakeney