Official: BlackBerry Storm 2 OS 22.214.171.1245
Verizon Wireless is at it again, this time they made OS 126.96.36.1995 for the BlackBerry Storm 2 official. This release has lots of improvements and enhancements. Get it from Verizon Wireless's website, through BlackBerry Desktop Manager, or possibly OTA. Unfortunately no offical OS6 yet for the Storm 2, but hopefully its on the horizon! Great time to update your Storm 2 while the turkey's in the oven! Release Notes
- Boot up more quickly.
- Transition smoothly between wireless coverage areas.
- Deliver improved audio on:
- Voice calls.
- Content-protected video.
- Deliver improved video playback:
- Through a headset.
- With media files designated as protected content.
- Send text messages to multiple recipients while receiving a call.
- Enter more than 160 characters in a text message when connected to a GSM/UMTS network.
- Browse, download, and install widgets from V CAST Apps.
- New access to multiple widgets that provide users with quick access to Internet content of their choice.
- Smoothly activate enterprise secure wipe/lock IT policy rule sets
My 2 cents about os 188.8.131.525
I installed 184.108.40.2065 Thanksgiving night without any issues other then having to re read forum help posts. :hail: :cool2:
#Boot time improved, all round response time in and out of apps are very good, #speaker phone seems louder as well as hard wired headphones. #Sound quality and volume are good, both with or without bluetooth headset when making or receiving phone calls, #Camera, video camera, music player, as well as voice notes recorder are working great without the lag time I had before this os install.
#Not able to get bluetooth to work with music player no matter what I try, #Music player works fine with hard wired headphones (but from time to time I get a loud pop noise through head set), #I have to do a song and dance each and everytime I want to play (Slacker, Flycast, or Tunein) via bluetooth headphone, #The volume and sound quality suck hard via bluetooth.
I can turn up as well as down the volume of both radio and music player without having to be in its' app. I was not able to that before this upgrade. I would have to go back to the app in order to adjust the volume. :1244:
Over all I am please with this os, but I hope I can over come my bluetooth issues before next mowing season arrives.
bluetooth device used: Dell BH200