Device
    9850/9930
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    20 times

Leaked OS: BlackBerry Storm2 9550 – OS 5.0.0.1015

BlackBerry Storm2 9550 owners see some more love with a new leak, OS 5.0.0.1015 has made it’s way online. While it’s not BlackBerry 6 and it comes on the coat tails of several BlackBerry 6 leaks it is a higher build. I don’t think I have ever seen an OS with this high of a build before. If you want to load it up on you device hit the link below. Be sure to let us know what you find in this build.

Warning: Please remember that this IS NOT an official release OS. If you wish to install this OS keep in mind that this may cause your phone to not function correctly. BlackberryOS and any other BlackberryOS Official sites are not responsible. If you are not comfortable and/or unsure as how to upgrade to this OS, please click the link below.

Last edited by Hodges; 11-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.

@horangi7

skygear is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    her down
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    good job! i was in the middle of posting this and refreshed! you beat me to it....

os 6 soon i hope

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Well I installed this last night and it turned into quite a nightmare after first load. It loaded with only 79 mb free after install and nothing worked properly. After reboot it would wipe out my theme and all the settings. I ended up wiping the phone and starting over.
    On second install everything went great. Ended up with 119 mb free (10 mb more than .983) and everything works and is fast. Won't know about battery life for a day or so.

Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Has anyone had a problem with sync'ing outlook phone data with recent leaks or with this one? I backed up my data and loaded this build and upon firing everything back up I lost all of my contacts. What has happened is I have ONE entry repeated over and over. I will wipe and reload or go back to previous and see if I get my contacts back from backup. Used BBSK for all except backup / went through DM 6.0.
    P. Blakeney

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with sync'ing outlook phone data with recent leaks or with this one? I backed up my data and loaded this build and upon firing everything back up I lost all of my contacts. What has happened is I have ONE entry repeated over and over. I will wipe and reload or go back to previous and see if I get my contacts back from backup. Used BBSK for all except backup / went through DM 6.0.
    First time i loaded this os everything went to heck. Phone wouldn't do anything right including not storing my back-up files or anything. I had to wipe phone and start over. After second install everything works pretty well. I am still getting some weird glitches once in a while but nothing serious. This isn't a great build but acceptable.

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    First time i loaded this os everything went to heck. Phone wouldn't do anything right including not storing my back-up files or anything. I had to wipe phone and start over. After second install everything works pretty well. I am still getting some weird glitches once in a while but nothing serious. This isn't a great build but acceptable.
    Thanks Tevansny,
    I wiped and reloaded with same result. I think I will go back to previous version and reload to see if I get my phone contacts back. Will update on results. If it works then will have to pass on this build or it is related to something else that got stepped on during this process.
    P. Blakeney

BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Loaded this the day it came & haven't had problems with. Phone is running smooth.

danewcrack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    2 times
    Official 24hr report. No problems found. I don't use any apps with openGL so I haven't had a crash. I did load the bedtime fix... But no shrinking and no other hybriding coming straight from a clean wipe.... and the phone is holding great.

Edit: I don't use gmail sync so I can't say if the problem with address sync is still there. NO robotic voice.... The only minute thing so far is the flickering black bar in media player in portrait view. But that's it
    Last edited by danewcrack; 11-05-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Liked
    34 times
    Thanks Tevansny,
    I wiped and reloaded with same result. I think I will go back to previous version and reload to see if I get my phone contacts back. Will update on results. If it works then will have to pass on this build or it is related to something else that got stepped on during this process.
    Latest,
    I went back to .713 and all is well regarding contacts list after reloading backup files. Don't know what the issue was with this leaked build and my S2 but after multiple wipes and reloads could not get contacts back. Went back to .713 and will stay here until official new version comes out. By the way Verizon store no longer loads software for smart phones and the service at my local store leaves a lot to be desired. That was the kindest word I could use after visiting them for some support. Customer service was very poooor and on and on and on....
    P. Blakeney

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Latest,
    I went back to .713 and all is well regarding contacts list after reloading backup files. Don't know what the issue was with this leaked build and my S2 but after multiple wipes and reloads could not get contacts back. Went back to .713 and will stay here until official new version comes out. By the way Verizon store no longer loads software for smart phones and the service at my local store leaves a lot to be desired. That was the kindest word I could use after visiting them for some support. Customer service was very poooor and on and on and on....
    I built a Hybrid for the latest OS release buddy and it's only available for VIP right now if you are interested in giving it a try and see if your contacts restore. I know restoring everything is a pain but its there if you want to try it. JAHM VIP Hybrid Testing Center

awill300 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times
    I know all Storms are different, however this build for me has been very stable and strong. Memory holds up nice, sig. strong and clear, while pics, and list load fast. Browser is still fast(other builds get slower after time, not this one). I'm really enjoying it. Will run JAHM new hybrid on it in a few days to get even more speed.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Ya I just built a hybrid for this base when it was leaked never even ran it straight lol... But my hybrid is smoking and running great so def. Check it out!
    Posted via mobile device

awill300 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Ya I just built a hybrid for this base when it was leaked never even ran it straight lol... But my hybrid is smoking and running great so def. Check it out!
    Posted via mobile device
    4sure:firedevil:

basshunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow basshunter On Twitter
    PIN
    314CA2AD
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Carrier
    VodafoneAU
    Liked
    8 times
    Posted via mobile device
    An OS5 hybrid that's 99% OS6? How far away is this? Haha

ru4real is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Z30
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    I like this leak. No problems so far. Seems quite responsive.

Device
    Z30
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    Oops - I spoke a little too soon. Can't get App World or WeatherBug to work.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    An OS5 hybrid that's 99% OS6? How far away is this? Haha
    I never said it was 99% OS6, it actually only has one OS6 cod in it which is the torch clock. I don't mix 6.0 and 5.0 together as it causes massive battery drain. I will be releasing the hybrids soon
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ru4real View Post
    Oops - I spoke a little too soon. Can't get App World or WeatherBug to work.
    Hmm... Both are working for me...
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Z30
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm... Both are working for me...
    Posted via mobile device
    Hmmm. App World settled down and works now. Doing a fresh download of WeatherBug now.....

Looking forward to your hybrid.

basshunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow basshunter On Twitter
    PIN
    314CA2AD
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Carrier
    VodafoneAU
    Liked
    8 times
    Oh no I was just dreaming of OS6 on my Storm. But as they say it won't happen, thought a hybrid mix of the two OS's might eventually get close Yeah that's what I meant haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast