Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 31

Thread: Caller ID Issue

  1. #1
    neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5
    Posts
    105

    Caller ID Issue

    I have a Storm 2 (Verizon) and the caller ID works fine if the phone number calling does not have an extension. If my contact has a number and then a wait with an extension then the caller ID does not work correctly and only shows the number calling and not the name of the person.
    Does anyone have a solution for this issue?




  2. #2
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Are you using the pause option in the contact profile?

    If they are calling you then it's because they are using a common outside line and not the number you were given.
    Last edited by joshjamie; 10-06-2010 at 01:06 PM.

  3. #3
    neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5
    Posts
    105
    In the contact I am using the wait which is a "W" and I can see the number they are calling on and it is the number I have in my contact list. It has nothing to do with a common line since I tried this with my own home number. If I call from my home phone and my contact list has no extension it works fine but if I put a "W" and an extension number the caller id just shows the number without any name.

  4. #4
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    In the contact I am using the wait which is a "W" and I can see the number they are calling on and it is the number I have in my contact list. It has nothing to do with a common line since I tried this with my own home number. If I call from my home phone and my contact list has no extension it works fine but if I put a "W" and an extension number the caller id just shows the number without any name.

    Do you have a "P" as well as a "W" option?

  5. #5
    neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5
    Posts
    105
    I had just a "W" but I just tried having a "P" in addition and it did not make any difference. The issue is just the same

  6. #6
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    I had just a "W" but I just tried having a "P" in addition and it did not make any difference. The issue is just the same

    Strange. Let me play around with it and see if I can duplicate it. Will get back to you

  7. #7
    neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5
    Posts
    105
    Thanks, I can use the help.

  8. #8
    joshjamie's Avatar
    joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjamie View Post
    Strange. Let me play around with it and see if I can duplicate it. Will get back to you
    Ok Neil, heres what I found...I did duplicated the problem b playing with the wait / pause options and finding something out through a friend at RIM. My contacts were also associated with bb messenger. I'm not sure if this is the reason why this happened but he says it has something to do with it. After I tried to fix it and couldn't, I just reloaded the os and everything now works fine again. The only thing I did not do is associate contacts with bb messenger.

    You can try this to see if it resolves your issue. A slight pain in the *** but it only took about an hour with a good backup.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •