Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caller ID Issue

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Well I get more confused the more we talk

I thought .713 is the official release for the Storm 2 (Verizon). I only have the Storm for a short period and I am pretty sure it came with .713 so I assume it is the official OS, please advise.

I don't understand your comment about playing with hybrids. What is a hybrid OS? Also, I don't understand memory drain. I only have 3 themes installed and have not noticed any problem but I do not know what to look for. How does a theme cause memory drain?

Again, thank you for the advise.

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    The Storm for work is not new. I inherited it. Hybrids are OS's that have been taken by hybrid magician's and modified to make the OS even better. Highly recommended. Memory drain is where a theme or an app will continuously drain your memory until you have to do a reboot. It was very common early with the storm series but it has gotten better as time has gone by. The hybrid OS's have pretty much eliminated this issue.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Where can I find a hybrid OS and what one would you recommend. If I want to stick with official OS would you still recommned .713 or would you recommend -517?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Neil,

With the storm 2, I don't have enough experience on it yet to suggest otherwise. However, with that said and my experience with the storm 1, I would suggest using the 713 as a base and using a hybrid from Lyricidal. Without a doubt, he has to be one of the best hybrid makers out there and all of his builds are solid.

You can find his work following this link...

95x0 - .962 Hybrid - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    I looked at the instructions and it says to shrink the OS if you want. What does that mean, should I do it and how do I do it?

Also, since I have 713 already installed can I just install the hybrid on my present installation with deleting my apps etc and will it impact the settings and 3rd party apps if I do it without a fresh install?

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Also FYI there is a known bug (verified by Verizon) in 713 which results in a random buzz during a conversation. I am hoping that maybe the hybrid would fix that problem.

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Shrinking an operating system allows you to remove the crap thats preinstalled...default ring tones, languages, default pics...etc.

You may have to reload some apps, and will have to re-enter passwords on others, but yes, you can just install the hybrid now, with using the 713 as the base. The buzz should be eliminated with this hybrid as well.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    How do I shrink the OS?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast