Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caller ID Issue

neil154 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS

Caller ID Issue

Thanks for all the time you spent to try and help me.

I don't use bb messenger at all and none of my contacts are associated with messenger. Therefore, I don't know what to do at this point but if you have suggestion I would be interested.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    I would try reloading the os. Whatever happened in your contact list should be corrected.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS

Caller ID Issue

First, let me make sure I understand how the caller ID is working for you now. If you have the phone number in your contact as (555) 555-5555 W 123 you are saying that when that number calls you on the Storm2 the caller ID shows both the name and number. Is that correct and also you do not have that same telephone number listed in the contacts without the "W 123"?

If that is the case, what is the procedure for reloading the OS without losing my thrid party apps and all of my custom settings for all apps?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Follow the link below for an excellent tutorial on how to reload your os. It also goes through backing your bb up. As for 3rd party apps, I have always reloaded them individually. I might alos suggest downloading Smrtguard before you do anything. It's a free app that will allow you to backup your contacts, emails, phone log and calendars. Make sure you do a full backup with Smrtguard. You can find this at Mobile Security & Wireless Backup for Smartphones - SmrtGuard. When you reload the os, download smrtgurad again and do a full restore.

The tutorial can be found at

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

As for your question, yes, anyone that calls me with an extension or if I call them, comes up with they're name and number....after I reloaded the os.

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS

Caller ID Issue

Thanks for your help and the suggestion to use smrtguard (I already have it loaded but would not have thought to use it for the purpose you suggested).

Final question is what OS version do you have on your Storm 2 (is it 5.0.0.713)?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS

Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Well I guess I lied because it was not my last question.

Why are you not using the latest OS version and what features or fixes will I not have if I use 517?

PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    I just switched to the Storm 2 (work bb) 2 weeks ago and am still playing with it. So far I'm happy with the official os but will start playing with the hybrids soon. As for functionality, you shouldn't notice much of a difference, if any at all. I'm still using my bb so thats one of the reasons I haven't really started playing with the storm 2 as of yet.

To date, the only issue I've had is memory drain, and I've traced that to some themes I use. Once I got one I like, then my memory has become stable.
    Last edited by joshjamie; 10-07-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast