9550 activation in India
i had got 9550 storm 2 verizon unlocked.
I had moved to india.
here while i am inserting GSM, it works fine but when i insert cdma, it does not allow me to make and recieve call and also its always showing roaming while i am in home network.
Kindly help to resolve the issue.
Thanks for your quick response.
My Storm 2 is working fine on Airtel and Idea but its not working with TATA Indicom (CDMA). Can you suggest me how to make it work?
1) From your dial pad type ##000000 and push SEND.
2) On the first line erase what is there and type your phone number including area code.
3) Also add the your phone number to the second line as well. Mobile Directory Number: Add you phone # here
4) Push BB Button and save.
For CDMA activation on Tata, you need to do the following - in addition to what Joe has told you.
1. you need to contact Tata with your ESN no. It is 8 digit Hexadecimal number under your battery or you can readt it at options.
2. Tata need to map your MDN no to this new ESN no
3. You also need to load tata PRL into your handset using QXDM tool.
4. Tata has now started mapping MDN & ESN to A-key as a added security measure. A-Key is only with the OEM. Every CDMA operator has a lot of idle A-keys of subscribers who have left the NW. So if you are lucky, Tata will load the A-key else you can't use Tata or Reliance CDMA. You can only use STEL or MBLAZE who activate Foreign CDMA handsets. So if you have a tata no, you can use MNP & move to STEL or Mblaze else port to a GSM operator