JPY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The latest :)
    Liked
    0 times

Vehicle Blue tooth Player

I recently had to get a replacement Storm 2 and now my Bluetooth Player will not work in my Toyota. It worked fine before the switch, I have deleted the previous phone profile in the vehicle and have deleted and reloaded the new one three times. No luck. I have searched and could not find any clues to solve my problem. Anyone have any ideas?

alfonz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9550(work) / 9700(personal)
    OS
    5.0.hybrid / 6.0.0.134
    Liked
    0 times
    check to see if your replacement storm2 came with different version software (might affect your bluetooth connection)

also, have you tried to pair up another bluetooth device to your phone? maybe bluetooth on your phone doesn't work at all.

just a few thoughts.

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    I recently had to get a replacement Storm 2 and now my Bluetooth Player will not work in my Toyota. It worked fine before the switch, I have deleted the previous phone profile in the vehicle and have deleted and reloaded the new one three times. No luck. I have searched and could not find any clues to solve my problem. Anyone have any ideas?
    What exactly happens when you play music while connected to the bluetooth in your car?
    I have a Jabra Bluetooth for my car and sometimes after I connect it doesn't play through the bluetooth but thru the phone. I must plug a headphone plug into the jack and then remove it then it plays on the Jabra. Of course I only use this on my XM app. It doesn't have a lot of features.
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

JPY
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz View Post
    check to see if your replacement storm2 came with different version software (might affect your bluetooth connection)

also, have you tried to pair up another bluetooth device to your phone? maybe bluetooth on your phone doesn't work at all.

just a few thoughts.
    It came with the old version and I did the .713 update

JPY
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    What exactly happens when you play music while connected to the bluetooth in your car?
    I have a Jabra Bluetooth for my car and sometimes after I connect it doesn't play through the bluetooth but thru the phone. I must plug a headphone plug into the jack and then remove it then it plays on the Jabra. Of course I only use this on my XM app. It doesn't have a lot of features.
    Before the phone change, I could play any song that resided on my media card on my phone on the car radio. I would get in, start it up and the phone would auto connect. I could and still can do blue tooth calls, my blackberry address book also is imported into the car. Before I would choose BT player on the car radio and my storm would start playing thru the car speakers. Now it just plays from the phone speaker which is not getting it.

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPY View Post
    Before the phone change, I could play any song that resided on my media card on my phone on the car radio. I would get in, start it up and the phone would auto connect. I could and still can do blue tooth calls, my blackberry address book also is imported into the car. Before I would choose BT player on the car radio and my storm would start playing thru the car speakers. Now it just plays from the phone speaker which is not getting it.
    I'm on .713 also. I have had problems with it playing thru the phone first. my solution was to insert a headphone plug into the jack of the phone and then it play thru the headphones. Then when you remove it, it play thru the BT.

Try that and see if you have the same issue as me. It maybe a glitch in the software.
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

JPY
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    I'm on .713 also. I have had problems with it playing thru the phone first. my solution was to insert a headphone plug into the jack of the phone and then it play thru the headphones. Then when you remove it, it play thru the BT.

Try that and see if you have the same issue as me. It maybe a glitch in the software.
    Finally tried your suggestion, did not work.