Thread: Issue with voice calls on OS 5.0.0.713

asb4441 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Issue with voice calls on OS 5.0.0.713

I download the new OS version 5.0.0.713 yesterday. The download went well, no issues. All of my Aps worked fine, as did my camera, video and themes. The only issue is THE PHONE did not!! I guess some may call that a minor problem but to me Storm2 should also work as a phone, do you think??
    There was a terrible buzzing sound every few minutes while on the phone. I down graded back to my old version and phone works perfectly again.
    What's up with that???

apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asb4441 View Post
    I download the new OS version 5.0.0.713 yesterday. The download went well, no issues. All of my Aps worked fine, as did my camera, video and themes. The only issue is THE PHONE did not!! I guess some may call that a minor problem but to me Storm2 should also work as a phone, do you think??
    There was a terrible buzzing sound every few minutes while on the phone. I down graded back to my old version and phone works perfectly again.
    What's up with that???
    I've been running .713 since it came out and have not had any problems like you are. You might want to do a security wipe on your phone, use BBSAK to wipe the device to the 507 error and try reloading and see if the problem goes away. I know it takes a while to reload all of your apps, but it may be worth the time.

Keep us posted.
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Welcome to you will love the atmosphere here. apuntsel is absolutely correct. If you are not 100% sure of the process you can click the How to guide link in my signature. :haha:

joem33 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow joem33 On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    J.A.H.M.v1.0
    Liked
    0 times
    This is a know issue on some phones, not all of them. Myself and many others have that same issue regardless of base 713, or hybrids. Some users do not, it seems to depend on the phone. There is talk on this at another forum site as well. Many users including myself are back on 607, or earlier. Hope that helps.

Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    I know that when I had my 9530, there was a discussion about the quality of the build based on where the handset was made. My current 9550 is made in Mexico. Wonder if there could be anything related?
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

joem33 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow joem33 On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    J.A.H.M.v1.0
    Liked
    0 times

Mexico too

Quote Originally Posted by apuntsel View Post
    I know that when I had my 9530, there was a discussion about the quality of the build based on where the handset was made. My current 9550 is made in Mexico. Wonder if there could be anything related?
    Mine was made in Mexico too, and I get the robotic voice

asb4441 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joem33 View Post
    This is a know issue on some phones, not all of them. Myself and many others have that same issue regardless of base 713, or hybrids. Some users do not, it seems to depend on the phone. There is talk on this at another forum site as well. Many users including myself are back on 607, or earlier. Hope that helps.
    I also went back to 607 and have no problems. I think I will just stick with what works. "If it is not broke, don't fix it"
    TechieGirl

maddie1128 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30ffbe28
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having a major problem with little signal-dropped calls and not hearing the person on the other end at all....since I upgraded to 5.0.0.713. Is anyone else having that problem? I didn't have it with the previous version- but deleted it. What to do in that case? I would like to try to go back and see if that helps.
    For the record- I already installed without wiping it- then went back and reinstalled after wiping the phone first. So I think I just want to go back but don't have the files to do so.

spamkiller is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    The only prob I'm having is with BBM. Sometimes I can't pull up the keyboard. Any ideas?

Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maddie1128 View Post
    I am having a major problem with little signal-dropped calls and not hearing the person on the other end at all....since I upgraded to 5.0.0.713. Is anyone else having that problem? I didn't have it with the previous version- but deleted it. What to do in that case? I would like to try to go back and see if that helps.
    For the record- I already installed without wiping it- then went back and reinstalled after wiping the phone first. So I think I just want to go back but don't have the files to do so.
    You can go to programs and features and uninstall 713 from your PC and download 607 again, install that to you PC. Wipe your phone and reload 607 through apploader.