Why should I get a Storm 2?

Thread: Why should I get a Storm 2?

vikingzee is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Why should I get a Storm 2?

Wots the low down on BB storm 2 i keep hearing dont buy crappy apps etc ........... I really want to get one and now dont know if its really the rite thing or hang on to my nokia 95 can someone answer my burning question ploiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ????

Anyone with positive reports on Storm 2 will buy here in Australia, am still not that sure ??????????? can anyone help !!!
    Last edited by sunkast; 05-21-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Storm 2 will be absolute just like the original Storm. I can't really elaborate on the Storm 3 when the date of release will be. I would take a wild guess and say late 2010 or early 2011.

vikingzee is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks heaps for your help so far
    cheers
    Vzee

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Dont get a Storm 2, get a HTC Droid Incredible instead. Best decision I ever made. The I doubt that I will ever be going back to a Blackberry phone after using an Android phone. It is like night and day. Do yourself a favor and get an Android phone and save yourself the headache of owning a Blackberry. I don't care what anybody says but a Blackberry will never work as smooth and as fast as an Android phone. Even a Blackberry running a hybrid OS will not run as good as an Android phone. I would know because loading Hybrids is all I did with my Storm 2 and my HTC Incredible puts my Storm to shame.
    Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

awill300 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Hybrid
    Liked
    5 times
    The reason why you SHOULD get a storm2 is because every day is an adventure. What OS will leak, what new hybrid will drop, or what new app will you discover, and who will develope the best Theme, and better yet what problem can a simple battery pull solve for me today and oh yea can I brick the device this time and no one on BlackberryOS site can fix. And the list goes on and on

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Do NOT get a storm 2. It's already an old phone. Stick with what you have until the S3 is released later this year. Don't lock in a two year contract on a phone that's almost 8 months old

thymaster is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow thymaster On Twitter
    PIN
    30B782F2
    Device
    BB Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    If you're coming from the Nokia 95 you're gonna love the Storm 2 and the Blackberry services. I tried out a nokia N97 for a couple months and I hated it. Storm 2 is snappy and the click screen is very unique compared to all the touch phones out there.

After a couple of week on Storm 2 I'm addicted to the click screen that any other touch screen I play with now, I keep poking at the screen. LOL

greg is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow greg On Twitter Add greg on Facebook
    PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9800 sfi os 6.0.0.249, not!
    Liked
    0 times
    because its shiney!
    scan to fallow me on twitter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    Dont get a Storm 2, get a HTC Droid Incredible instead. Best decision I ever made. The I doubt that I will ever be going back to a Blackberry phone after using an Android phone. It is like night and day. Do yourself a favor and get an Android phone and save yourself the headache of owning a Blackberry. I don't care what anybody says but a Blackberry will never work as smooth and as fast as an Android phone. Even a Blackberry running a hybrid OS will not run as good as an Android phone. I would know because loading Hybrids is all I did with my Storm 2 and my HTC Incredible puts my Storm to shame.

If your such an Android lover now, why are you still hanging around a Blackberry website then? People crack me up. Spend alot of time crying about what Blackberry doesnt do. Then why did you buy one in the first place? Blackberry is what it is, some like it, some dont. But dont hang around waiting for RIM to magically turn into every mans phone, because it isnt going to happen. Im not knocking Android or Apple, but there is nothing wrong with Blackberry either. Its funny to watch all the posts when a new BB is close to being released. Everybody saying hope it's this and hope it's that. Then come to find out, its still a BB through and through. It's not going to change anytime soon. OS 6, will be a polished looking 5.0, and I'm not expecting it to change the BB experience that much. But still people will load it thinking its something entirely new and be disappointed. Im not flaming on anybody here, its just that the argument is getting really old and the dead horse needs to stop being beaten. I happen to be very happy with my Storm 2, as a matter of fact, the only phone that I thought was really not up to par was the 9630.
    No matter where you go, there you are

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post

If your such an Android lover now, why are you still hanging around a Blackberry website then? People crack me up. Spend alot of time crying about what Blackberry doesnt do. Then why did you buy one in the first place? Blackberry is what it is, some like it, some dont. But dont hang around waiting for RIM to magically turn into every mans phone, because it isnt going to happen. Im not knocking Android or Apple, but there is nothing wrong with Blackberry either. Its funny to watch all the posts when a new BB is close to being released. Everybody saying hope it's this and hope it's that. Then come to find out, its still a BB through and through. It's not going to change anytime soon. OS 6, will be a polished looking 5.0, and I'm not expecting it to change the BB experience that much. But still people will load it thinking its something entirely new and be disappointed. Im not flaming on anybody here, its just that the argument is getting really old and the dead horse needs to stop being beaten. I happen to be very happy with my Storm 2, as a matter of fact, the only phone that I thought was really not up to par was the 9630.

Very well put. I agree with you completely.
    I love my S2. I've been a Blackberry fan ever since I pick one up. I wanted a touch screen phone. I never liked the iphone screen. or any touch screen until i met the Sure Press on the Storm. now I wouldnt have anything but. lol. Storm 2 is great but as dbone said earlier storm 2 is getting a little dated. I'm happy with mine. I have an upgrade but I think I'm going to save it for the S3....... hopefully it is in the works. I want rumors.:laugh2:
    Hope you find your answer.
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    The reason I still hang out on this forum is because my sister still has a Storm 2, so I still try to keep her phone up to date with whatever is new. I think its so funny how there are some die hard Blackberry users out there that refuse to acknowledge that there just might be a better phone out there then a Blackberry. I think it's funny because I was one of those people. Things have changed for me but that doesn't mean it's changed for everyone. The OP asked why he should get a Storm 2, which means that he's not sure if the phone is going to be right for him. All, I'm doing is letting him know that there are other phones out there that are newer and better phones out there then the Storm 2. It's already been mentioned that the Storm2 is already outdated so why waste your money on it. Get a new phone with more enhancements, better speed, newer OS, more memory and a much faster browser. You may enjoy waiting for leaks to drop or pulling batteries to get the phone to work and then having to wait 5 minuts for the phone to reboot. You might also enjoy the lame apps that Blackberry says are good and loading different hybrids everyday jjst to get your phone to function the way it should have when first released. I sure don't miss that, but to each there own I guess. If the OP wants to get a Storm 2, good for him but I thinks it's only fair to let him know that there are other phones out there besides Blackberry. That is all I meant to say with my post. If it was taken the wrong way, oh well, that's not now how I meant it. Just think about this, a lot of the original Blackberry gurus (BBCrackman, Olta, RandyRKelly, P3Droid, etc) have moved on to different phones. They must have seen something that made them think the change had more to offer. OP, get what ever phone you want and feel comfortable with. Only you can decide what is right for you.
    Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=sezaro21;200898]The reason I still hang out on this forum is because my sister still has a Storm 2, so I still try to keep her phone up to date with whatever is new. I think its so funny how there are some die hard Blackberry users out there that refuse to acknowledge that there just might be a better phone out there then a Blackberry. I think it's funny because I was one of those people. Things have changed for me but that doesn't mean it's changed for everyone. The OP asked why he should get a Storm 2, which means that he's not sure if the phone is going to be right for him. All, I'm doing is letting him know that there are other phones out there that are newer and better phones out there then the Storm 2. It's already been mentioned that the Storm2 is already outdated so why waste your money on it. Get a new phone with more enhancements, better speed, newer OS, more memory and a much faster browser. You may enjoy waiting for leaks to drop or pulling batteries to get the phone to work and then having to wait 5 minuts for the phone to reboot. You might also enjoy the lame apps that Blackberry says are good and loading different hybrids everyday jjst to get your phone to function the way it should have when first released. I sure don't miss that, but to each there own I guess. If the OP wants to get a Storm 2, good for him but I thinks it's only fair to let him know that there are other phones out there besides Blackberry. That is all I meant to say with my post. If it was taken the wrong way, oh well, that's not now how I meant it. Just think about this, a lot of the original Blackberry gurus (BBCrackman, Olta, RandyRKelly, P3Droid, etc) have moved on to different phones. They must have seen something that made them think the change had more to offer. OP, get what ever phone you want and feel comfortable with. Only you can decide what is right for you.[/QUO

I got caught up in the leaaks game too, but quuickly realized that it was the bugs in the leaks that caused most if not all the issues. Im not denying that there are phones out there that do certain things better than BB, just saying that if you felt the phone didnt act the way it should have new, then you shouldnt have bought it in the first place. Again proves my point that chasing a mythical golden bullet to get it to do something it couldnt, with leaks and hybrids got people nowhere.

PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    And again, I hope this is taken with the notion that this is a friendly discussion, not some kind of fued, lol. Just sharing differing opinions.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    It's all good mule....
    Looks like sezaro21 signed up for a chance to win a BlackBerry!!!

Contest

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    It's all good mule....
    Looks like sezaro21 signed up for a chance to win a BlackBerry!!!

Contest
    LOL.. I'd like a chance to see how the new OS6 is suppose to run. I believe the Storm 1 still might get the OS6 update.
    Mule0331, no worries about this being taken in the wrong way. I've always liked this website. This is still my favorate BB website due to the great staff and community. It's great that we have such a great variety in opinions. It always makes for great conversations. This post is still for the OP and I hoped that he is now able to make a desision on whether the Storm 2 is the right phone for him. If he decides that it is he will always have a great staff here at BBOS to help with any issues or concerns that may come up. I know I always turned to BBOS for any of my problems and was always helped. If he decides that he would like to try a different phone, there are other greats sites dedicated to those phones. Either way, when he finds what he's looking for, he will be happy. If the phone isn't what you would have liked, he could always return it within 3 days and get something different.

skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    LOL.. I'd like a chance to see how the new OS6 is suppose to run. I believe the Storm 1 still might get the OS6 update.
    the storm 1 isn't even getting 5.0 updates anymore! i know because it's still my primary device. i'm probably going to jump ship to the incredible, but i genuinely hope that rim lures me back with the storm 3. i simply can't wait that long to get a new phone.

i love blackberries and i love this site. but if rim can't make a device that functions properly, they're not going to keep customers very well (despite their record so far) with the advent of android and the quick steps in android development. they will lose market share and must do something to convince people there's more to blackberry than bbm. they must show that they have above average devices.

just my two cents.

to stay on topic, i don't know much about the n97 but i would skip the storm 2. something better will come along and you'll be kicking yourself for signing that contract. of course your options for contracts might be better than verizon, as i'm not familiar with australian carriers.
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

joshjamie is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow joshjamie On Twitter
    PIN
    Bell
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    15 times
    The reason I still hang out on this forum is because my sister still has a Storm 2, so I still try to keep her phone up to date with whatever is new. I think its so funny how there are some die hard Blackberry users out there that refuse to acknowledge that there just might be a better phone out there then a Blackberry. I think it's funny because I was one of those people. Things have changed for me but that doesn't mean it's changed for everyone. The OP asked why he should get a Storm 2, which means that he's not sure if the phone is going to be right for him. All, I'm doing is letting him know that there are other phones out there that are newer and better phones out there then the Storm 2. It's already been mentioned that the Storm2 is already outdated so why waste your money on it. Get a new phone with more enhancements, better speed, newer OS, more memory and a much faster browser. You may enjoy waiting for leaks to drop or pulling batteries to get the phone to work and then having to wait 5 minuts for the phone to reboot. You might also enjoy the lame apps that Blackberry says are good and loading different hybrids everyday jjst to get your phone to function the way it should have when first released. I sure don't miss that, but to each there own I guess. If the OP wants to get a Storm 2, good for him but I thinks it's only fair to let him know that there are other phones out there besides Blackberry. That is all I meant to say with my post. If it was taken the wrong way, oh well, that's not now how I meant it. Just think about this, a lot of the original Blackberry gurus (BBCrackman, Olta, RandyRKelly, P3Droid, etc) have moved on to different phones. They must have seen something that made them think the change had more to offer. OP, get what ever phone you want and feel comfortable with. Only you can decide what is right for you.
    I'm a diehard bb user, and will remain so. But that said, I have used other phones out there either through work or family members. Work has involved motorolas, nokia,s and samsungs. The jack was fun to use I must admit. My son had an :AR15firing:iphone until it bit the dust, and he now uses a curve. I didn't really like the :AR15firing:iphone or the screen, at best, in my opinion, its a nice toy to play with. Now, after using the curve for a couple of months, my son was left asking himself why he wasted his time with the :AR15firing:iphone. It all comes down to personal preferences and needs.

One last thought, you had mentioned a 5 minute boot time. With Lyricidal's .705, I have a boot time of a minute and a half now.
    Last edited by joshjamie; 06-04-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Ah how I will miss this site when I jump ship to Droid as soon as I can I think as everyone said is that get whats right for you. I do agree that BB6 will likely be a polished 5.0. It will be fancier and an upgrade but I doubt it will close the gap between the BB OS and the Droid OS...its just to much ground to pick up. On top of that with so many people going droid the app development is insane. Way more people are working on apps for droid than are working on apps for BB.

Last year I would have punched myself in the face for even thinking of going away from BB. But now I know the better phone is a droid, I wish it wasn't so, but it is...plain and simple.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Ah how I will miss this site when I jump ship to Droid as soon as I can I think as everyone said is that get whats right for you. I do agree that BB6 will likely be a polished 5.0. It will be fancier and an upgrade but I doubt it will close the gap between the BB OS and the Droid OS...its just to much ground to pick up. On top of that with so many people going droid the app development is insane. Way more people are working on apps for droid than are working on apps for BB.

Last year I would have punched myself in the face for even thinking of going away from BB. But now I know the better phone is a droid, I wish it wasn't so, but it is...plain and simple.
    That's all I was trying to say in my post. Last year, I talked up the Blackberry OS to people who had other phones and was always telling them how great BB was compared to their other phones. I to discovered the Droid to be a mucher better phone then the blackberry (for me). The apps are better and the selection and amounts of apps available are a lot more then those for the BB. Glad that someone was able to understand what I was trying to say.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Awww man! I wasnt in there! :lmao: :lmao: To each there own, if I had a chance to go back to BlackBerry, I would, but only with the 9650 (if it fits what I want), BUT I am struck by the new Moto Droids coming out so I am gonna weigh my options. I will always use a phone that fits what my lifestlye, needs, and just fun for me. Rather it be a iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows (7 looks very promising ATM), Android, WebOS, and Symbian (if i ever get onenLOL). I'm not picky I just get whats best for me. This is what I suggest to the OP, if the phone fits and works for you, thats all you need.