Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672

Hardware or My OS ???

Hi there Family, I need your opinion; My battery life has gone south. I'm not sure if it is the Hardware or My OS/Hybrid. Currently I'm running .607 with .672 Hybrid. I get a full charge overnight. If I don't use the phone (maybe get a few emails) it will last until 8-9pm. But if I get 1 phone call my battery drops to 25%. If I get 2 calls my battery is dead. It also does this if I use a few apps (not one in particular) throughout the day. I can check the lastest news, follow a Tweet or two, read some emails and my battery will drop at least 40%. Ad a call and I'm done. So, do you all think I should get the phone replaced or try a different OS/Hybrid ???
    Thanks all. :cool2:

All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    Hi there Family, I need your opinion; My battery life has gone south. I'm not sure if it is the Hardware or My OS/Hybrid. Currently I'm running .607 with .672 Hybrid. I get a full charge overnight. If I don't use the phone (maybe get a few emails) it will last until 8-9pm. But if I get 1 phone call my battery drops to 25%. If I get 2 calls my battery is dead. It also does this if I use a few apps (not one in particular) throughout the day. I can check the lastest news, follow a Tweet or two, read some emails and my battery will drop at least 40%. Ad a call and I'm done. So, do you all think I should get the phone replaced or try a different OS/Hybrid ???
    Wow !!!

Have you tried a new battery? I was wondering about apps in the background, but I don't think that would be so drastic. I would try a different battery to eliminate the bad battery issue. I have had poor battery performance when I've installed a new OS/hybrid until it settles in, but nothing on this scale. Let us know...

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    I would try a different os on your phone first. I really doubt it is a hardware related problem.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Most probably that is an OS issue, u using files that were not specifically made for your device hardaware capabilities and those are affecting how it works.... Something similar to overclocking
    Posted via mobile device

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    I think it's the battery. If your losing 75% on one call that's not normal. Even with a garbage OS.

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    I think you are correct. 24 hours on .517/692 and I still have the same problem. The OS/Hybrid is running great. Now my trouble is getting VZW to replace the battery. I am on an Employee account and they treat employees worse than customers. LOL
    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147: