ALL language OS for 9550?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: ALL language OS for 9550?

  1. #1
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs up [SOLVED]ALL language OS for 9550?

    Hey guys, I just got my S2 2-3 weeks ago and I really really want to write in Chinese language. Right now, I m able to read Chinese, but no option for me to write. I heard from my friend that he used to be able to write Chinese in his 9500 only when he install the OS with the ALL language (not multilanguage).

    Is there any 5.0.0.XXX for 9550 out there with ALL language? I know there are a couple for the 9520, but I dont know if they are compatible with one another? Can the 9520 OS be used in 9550?

    Thanks all!!:hail:

    SOLUTIONS:

    Quote Originally Posted by willows View Post
    Yeah i tried, same error.
    If you want chinese input, try download CJK from this link RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Extract and put CJK.alx to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.517_P4.2.0.250
    Extract and put all file from java folder to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.517_P4.2.0.250\Java

    after that go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    run loader.exe (do software upgrade)
    now you have option to add chinese input in loader.exe

    I tried and it works
    Last edited by t_mo_t; 05-31-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: solution found




  2. #2
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
    Hey guys, I just got my S2 2-3 weeks ago and I really really want to write in Chinese language. Right now, I m able to read Chinese, but no option for me to write. I heard from my friend that he used to be able to write Chinese in his 9500 only when he install the OS with the ALL language (not multilanguage).

    Is there any 5.0.0.XXX for 9550 out there with ALL language? I know there are a couple for the 9520, but I dont know if they are compatible with one another? Can the 9520 OS be used in 9550?

    Thanks all!!:hail:
    I don't really know..I'm certain some of our members do though.

    I will put in a help request to see if any staff knows the answer.

    Keep an eye on your thread.


  3. #3
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I don't really know..I'm certain some of our members do though.

    I will put in a help request to see if any staff knows the answer.

    Keep an eye on your thread.


    Woot! thanks Orio!!:1244:

  4. #4
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    I do not know if this works....originally resolved for a member-DesignJ:

    Got Chinese Input on my Verizon Storm II 9550

    Had to use several software version (9550/9520/one other BB non Storm Model's Language File) and install COD one by one.

    I now have Version 320/306/190 mixed, and so far so good

    Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/HK Chinese Input Methods

    Tested Traditional Strokes method / Taiwan BoPoMoFo Input method / Wubi Input Method in both Traditional and Simplified ---- worked fine. Could not test ChangJie --- don't know how to write Chinese that well, did not test HK input method --- don't speak Cantonese well.

    I wish I can post a clear instruction on how to do this but I can't because I've tried so many different ways that I am so confused at this point to say what to install first what to install second.

    Here's the general rule, load Verizon 9550/320 first, get everything you want installed (extra applications) then back up all the files with Desktop Software or BBSAK, then get 9520/306 or it may even work with just 190 which was what I did the first time I got it to work except I wanted the extra things that came with the 9550/320 so I wiped the device and couldn't figure out how I got it to work in the first place.

    Do not use the Desktop Software to load COD, it will delete all the Chinese Input methods. Use BBSAK.

    Good Luck !!
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  5. #5
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    hummm confusing..... so basically i take the COD from 9520 and add it to 9550/320 ........

  6. #6
    willows is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    0 times
    I found this link to add Chinese, Thai, Korean input http://www.gadzonemobile.com/ota/languange pack/CJK/9520%20v5.0.0.607/CJK.jad

  7. #7
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by willows View Post
    I found this link to add Chinese, Thai, Korean input http://www.gadzonemobile.com/ota/languange pack/CJK/9520%20v5.0.0.607/CJK.jad
    607 for 9520? is that official? Anyway, i will be trying it tonight! thanks... so.... how do i install this>?? lol

  8. #8
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm i tried to download it OTA, 907 error...... anybody knows>? i dont have any data plan, only BB plan (BBM, IM and email messages), but i tried to download it through wifi connection... after it reached around 2%, 907 error pop up.. anybody knows???

  9. #9
    willows is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
    Hmmm i tried to download it OTA, 907 error...... anybody knows>? i dont have any data plan, only BB plan (BBM, IM and email messages), but i tried to download it through wifi connection... after it reached around 2%, 907 error pop up.. anybody knows???
    Yeah i tried, same error.
    If you want chinese input, try download CJK from this link RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Extract and put CJK.alx to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.517_P4.2.0.250
    Extract and put all file from java folder to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.517_P4.2.0.250\Java

    after that go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    run loader.exe (do software upgrade)
    now you have option to add chinese input in loader.exe

    I tried and it works

  10. #10
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    so even when i m using 607 or do i have to downgrade to 517?

  11. #11
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    nvm... from bbos.com download, it seems that 517 = 909 version.... i m downloading now.. i will try your method once they are done downloadin... thanks!!

  12. #12
    willows is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
    nvm... from bbos.com download, it seems that 517 = 909 version.... i m downloading now.. i will try your method once they are done downloadin... thanks!!
    Actually you can use that cjk for all 9550 OS until .607 and hybrid OS.

  13. #13
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by willows View Post
    Actually you can use that cjk for all 9550 OS until .607 and hybrid OS.
    :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: it worked!! Thank you so muchhhhh!!!! wow.. i m able to write chinese now! omg, you are the best! thanks BBOS as well! :cool2:

  14. #14
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Can this CJK file be used for any device or is just for the 9550??

  15. #15
    t_mo_t is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Can this CJK file be used for any device or is just for the 9550??
    from what i gather, this is only for storm2.... but if u have other BBs, u should go to asia pacific's BB download for ALL language OS...

    Let's say you have 9700 (which is very common in the whole world), you can download the ALL language OS from either carrier (asia pacific) that has 9700 listed in their OS download from blackberry.com... (but you need to see their 3G requirement, whether it's UMTS or AWTS).... for other series, i m sure the rest of the world has it for GSM..... for storm2, it's different, because RIM decided to make 9550 to be a world (cdma/gsm) phone where 9520 is a gsm only phone.....

    just IMHO.....that's what i gathered so far....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •