BB Messenger Question and Storing Question
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: BB Messenger Question and Storing Question

  1. #1
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times

    BB Messenger Question and Storing Question

    Okay, so Verizon replaced my S2 for me. Once I got it, I restored my contacts, address book and all the other stuff that comes along with restoring.

    Here's my issues:

    1. My S2 is now taking a LONG time to reboot. Is there anything I can check to see why this is happening?

    2. Once I restored it, a couple of my BB Messenger contacts are not available...not sure if it's because their phone is off or on, but I looked in the service books to see if there's anything I can see that might be conflicting. Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for...what is the service book line for the BB Messenger supposed to read?

    Thanks,
    Tim




  2. #2
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    Okay, so Verizon replaced my S2 for me. Once I got it, I restored my contacts, address book and all the other stuff that comes along with restoring.

    Here's my issues:

    1. My S2 is now taking a LONG time to reboot. Is there anything I can check to see why this is happening?

    2. Once I restored it, a couple of my BB Messenger contacts are not available...not sure if it's because their phone is off or on, but I looked in the service books to see if there's anything I can see that might be conflicting. Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for...what is the service book line for the BB Messenger supposed to read?

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Hey Tim,

    Sorry no one has been by to help answer your questions yet. Let me see if I can help.

    It could be the information that you restored. There's really no way to determine exactly what is causing it to take so long. If it is really that bad, I would suggest that you perform a handheld wipe (not an entire device wipe) including all third party apps. This could possible solve the issue. It also may not.

    As for your BBM contacts, the RIM servers can get screwy. Most likely it has nothing to do with your service books. What I would do is delete the contacts and re-add them. It may also help to get in contact with these people to confirm they get the request.

  3. #3
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    Got it...thank you so much.

    T

  4. #4
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Also, don't solely rely on RIM to backup your contacts. Every so often, make a BBM backup of your contacts on your SD Card as well. It has helped me in the past a few times.

  5. #5
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbone15 View Post
    Also, don't solely rely on RIM to backup your contacts. Every so often, make a BBM backup of your contacts on your SD Card as well. It has helped me in the past a few times.
    How do you save your address book to your SD card?

  6. #6
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    How do you save your address book to your SD card?
    If you are using BBM 5.0 then what you want to do is open your BBM > hit your BB Menu Key > go to options > scroll down to backup contacts.

  7. #7
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    Got it...thanks.

  8. #8
    cbresciani is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    Is availab
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Before you do a wipe, what OS is your S2 running? If it's .607 like your signature says then the reboot will take almost 10 minutes, that's normal.
    Last edited by cbresciani; 05-07-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •