Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletallightning View Post
    i'm still debating my next device. the incredible looks...well... incredible. but i'm waiting to see how the 9650 performs. i love bb but android is pretty sexy. still rocking my s1 so anything will be an improvement. just gonna sit back, wait, and see what comes out for vzw.
    I can't believe I'm saying this but i would so choose the Incredible over the 9650. The 9650 will have more memory but the phone will still function the same way all blackberries work. The Droid is a totally new OS and i have to say it but a vetter OS as well. (at least for me it is.) Either way, have fun with whatever device you decide to go with. What is right for me might not be right for you.

PIN
    31B598CE
    Device
    Curve 8330
    OS

Grass is greener

I jumped ship to the Moto Droid back in January. The browsing is killer, the phone has virtually no lag in apps and there are a ton of apps. I wanted to love it.

There was no universal cut/paste that worked reliably. There was no signature on any email other than Gmail. We use exchange. There is no dedicated phone send/end button. There is no bluetooth voice dial. The phone is CDMA only so when I travel outside of the US its a doorstop (I got VOIP over WiFi to work, but its unreliable). The virtual keyboard is extremely sensitive and coming from a keyboard blackberry, it didn't work well with my thumbs.

I have a Storm 2 for all of the reasons stated above. Its better at email and better at phone, which are the two most important factors for me.

The surepress keyboard is more like the blackberry keyboard than any other virtual keyboard. I make less mistakes here.

Could it be better? Sure. The OS takes forever to boot, the apps available are more expensive and less varied, and some just suck (Android market has a lot of sub-par choice too though). Browsing on the stock blackberry browser is a horrible experience (I use Opera or Bolt but its not the same as native). It would be nice if blackberry maps did some of the neat turn-by-turn nav features in Google Maps for Android.

I am really looking forward to Blackberry 6. If the webkit browsing engine and overall speed are up to par, I think it takes blackberry to a very competitive position. I don't think it has to be light years ahead with innovation, but make what is good better and fix what is lacking.

In the end you go with what makes sense to you.
    Last edited by mikeyman67; 05-11-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but i would so choose the Incredible over the 9650. The 9650 will have more memory but the phone will still function the same way all blackberries work. The Droid is a totally new OS and i have to say it but a vetter OS as well. (at least for me it is.) Either way, have fun with whatever device you decide to go with. What is right for me might not be right for you.
    i've been leaning toward the incredible lately, and i think i'm going to make the jump soon. i will, however, be watching and waiting and hoping for rim to make something that lures me back. they have to know that they really need to up their game or lose customers.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyman67
    There was no universal cut/paste that worked reliably. There was no signature on any email other than Gmail. We use exchange. There is no dedicated phone send/end button. There is no bluetooth voice dial. The phone is CDMA only so when I travel outside of the US its a doorstop (I got VOIP over WiFi to work, but its unreliable). The virtual keyboard is extremely sensitive and coming from a keyboard blackberry, it didn't work well with my thumbs.
    for me personally, the incredible is probably a better move. i don't use a sig in my email, don't/won't use exchange unless my job decides to finally make me full-time, don't use voice dialing, and don't travel outside the us. the virtual keyboard will take some getting used to because i really like the surepress screen for typing and i've never owned a phone with a regular touchscreen keyboard.

Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.699 Willboy's
    Would rather go HTC Evo 4G!!! Lol sorry, just saying

Device
    Storm2
    OS
    I'm gonna stick with my storm2.

PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon
    Definately sticking w/ blackberry. Went Droid for a couple days. Droid and work do not mix well for me. Exchange integration and the overall layout were deal killers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

PIN
    Is availab
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Not a chance! Maybe for a Storm3?

PIN
    t of slaw and some hushpuppies
    Device
    storm 2
    OS