Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    How did you get an Incredible today? I thought it was tomorrow? One more wake up.
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Our son has the S1 and I'm getting him an Incredible--it sounds very cool. He uses gmail.

I have an S2. My issue, from what I've read on the forums, is that POP3 email is a royal PIA and general no-go with Android, and I'm tied to POP3 (business), and timely and consistent messaging is critical to me.

And, I'm really liking my S2 with .607 (I don't use BBM so don't have the keyboard issue).

Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    Our son has the S1 and I'm getting him an Incredible--it sounds very cool. He uses gmail.

I have an S2. My issue, from what I've read on the forums, is that POP3 email is a royal PIA and general no-go with Android, and I'm tied to POP3 (business), and timely and consistent messaging is critical to me.

And, I'm really liking my S2 with .607 (I don't use BBM so don't have the keyboard issue).
    Android 2.1 does a MUCH better job with POP3 mail. It's still a pull system but you can do one of two things. You can forward it to your gmail account for full push email support or you can set it so that it pulls in your messages every 5 minutes (or whatever time interval that you pick but I think 5 minutes is the shortest interval). However the more frequently it tries to pull in your email the more it will affect your battery life.

Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    Android 2.1 does a MUCH better job with POP3 mail. It's still a pull system but you can do one of two things. You can forward it to your gmail account for full push email support or you can set it so that it pulls in your messages every 5 minutes (or whatever time interval that you pick but I think 5 minutes is the shortest interval). However the more frequently it tries to pull in your email the more it will affect your battery life.
    Thanks.

Not to pull this way OT, but I've read about issues where read emails keep re-appearing in the inbox, etc., with Android.

I needed to do a little bit of "gymnastics" with our ISP for my POP3 so that mail went both to my laptop inbox and my BB inbox (had them "push" / redirect to my xxx@vzw.blackberry.net email address all incoming email with bcc on all sent emails from laptop or BB), but it's dialed in very well now.

I'll try POP3 on my son's Incredible when he gets it in a couple weeks--he's got law school finals the next two weeks and he doesn't want the distraction of a new toy...er, phone.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 04-28-2010 at 05:14 PM.

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    I think I'll make the jump. I went to the store today for an issue with my Storm and saw and played with the New Incredible. That thing is SWEET. Super fast and easy to use. I'm on my 8th Storm replacement and if this one doesn't work then screw RIM and Blackberry. I'll be switching over to the Android if this replacement don't work.

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Well after my 8th Storm 2 replacement still didn't work, I decided to call it quits with Blackberry. I got my new Incredible last Wednesday and all I can say is what a difference. This phone is so much better then the Storm in everyway possible. The OS is better, the apps are better, the internet is amazing and the emails aren't as bad as I some people say it was going to be. This phone is great for me and everything that I need. I'll say this, after owning a Droid, I truly doubt that I will ever be going back to Blackberry. I hate to say this because I was such a fan for blackberry but after using a Droid phone, I came to realize just how far behind and lacking, RIM is to the competition. OS6 should help but when OS6 drops, the competition will be even farther along at that time. Which means RIM will be right back where they were to start with, LAGGING behind.

Device
    Storm 9530 Unlocked
    OS
    I think it is time to dump the S1 to get an incredible. (I even bought a 16gb SD for it) I was just going to see if the first price drop would happen shortly.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    i'm still debating my next device. the incredible looks...well... incredible. but i'm waiting to see how the 9650 performs. i love bb but android is pretty sexy. still rocking my s1 so anything will be an improvement. just gonna sit back, wait, and see what comes out for vzw.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast