Are you dumping your S2 for the DROID Incredible? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you dumping your S2 for the DROID Incredible?

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I'll make the jump. I went to the store today for an issue with my Storm and saw and played with the New Incredible. That thing is SWEET. Super fast and easy to use. I'm on my 8th Storm replacement and if this one doesn't work then screw RIM and Blackberry. I'll be switching over to the Android if this replacement don't work.

Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Well after my 8th Storm 2 replacement still didn't work, I decided to call it quits with Blackberry. I got my new Incredible last Wednesday and all I can say is what a difference. This phone is so much better then the Storm in everyway possible. The OS is better, the apps are better, the internet is amazing and the emails aren't as bad as I some people say it was going to be. This phone is great for me and everything that I need. I'll say this, after owning a Droid, I truly doubt that I will ever be going back to Blackberry. I hate to say this because I was such a fan for blackberry but after using a Droid phone, I came to realize just how far behind and lacking, RIM is to the competition. OS6 should help but when OS6 drops, the competition will be even farther along at that time. Which means RIM will be right back where they were to start with, LAGGING behind.
    Friendship is a lot like peeing in your pants. Sure a lot of people can see it but it is only you, who can feel the true warmth.

MajikUF is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530 Unlocked
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think it is time to dump the S1 to get an incredible. (I even bought a 16gb SD for it) I was just going to see if the first price drop would happen shortly.

skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i'm still debating my next device. the incredible looks...well... incredible. but i'm waiting to see how the 9650 performs. i love bb but android is pretty sexy. still rocking my s1 so anything will be an improvement. just gonna sit back, wait, and see what comes out for vzw.
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletallightning View Post
    i'm still debating my next device. the incredible looks...well... incredible. but i'm waiting to see how the 9650 performs. i love bb but android is pretty sexy. still rocking my s1 so anything will be an improvement. just gonna sit back, wait, and see what comes out for vzw.
    I can't believe I'm saying this but i would so choose the Incredible over the 9650. The 9650 will have more memory but the phone will still function the same way all blackberries work. The Droid is a totally new OS and i have to say it but a vetter OS as well. (at least for me it is.) Either way, have fun with whatever device you decide to go with. What is right for me might not be right for you.

mikeyman67 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    31B598CE
    Device
    Curve 8330
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Grass is greener

I jumped ship to the Moto Droid back in January. The browsing is killer, the phone has virtually no lag in apps and there are a ton of apps. I wanted to love it.

There was no universal cut/paste that worked reliably. There was no signature on any email other than Gmail. We use exchange. There is no dedicated phone send/end button. There is no bluetooth voice dial. The phone is CDMA only so when I travel outside of the US its a doorstop (I got VOIP over WiFi to work, but its unreliable). The virtual keyboard is extremely sensitive and coming from a keyboard blackberry, it didn't work well with my thumbs.

I have a Storm 2 for all of the reasons stated above. Its better at email and better at phone, which are the two most important factors for me.

The surepress keyboard is more like the blackberry keyboard than any other virtual keyboard. I make less mistakes here.

Could it be better? Sure. The OS takes forever to boot, the apps available are more expensive and less varied, and some just suck (Android market has a lot of sub-par choice too though). Browsing on the stock blackberry browser is a horrible experience (I use Opera or Bolt but its not the same as native). It would be nice if blackberry maps did some of the neat turn-by-turn nav features in Google Maps for Android.

I am really looking forward to Blackberry 6. If the webkit browsing engine and overall speed are up to par, I think it takes blackberry to a very competitive position. I don't think it has to be light years ahead with innovation, but make what is good better and fix what is lacking.

In the end you go with what makes sense to you.
    Last edited by mikeyman67; 05-11-2010 at 11:31 AM.

skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but i would so choose the Incredible over the 9650. The 9650 will have more memory but the phone will still function the same way all blackberries work. The Droid is a totally new OS and i have to say it but a vetter OS as well. (at least for me it is.) Either way, have fun with whatever device you decide to go with. What is right for me might not be right for you.
    i've been leaning toward the incredible lately, and i think i'm going to make the jump soon. i will, however, be watching and waiting and hoping for rim to make something that lures me back. they have to know that they really need to up their game or lose customers.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyman67
    There was no universal cut/paste that worked reliably. There was no signature on any email other than Gmail. We use exchange. There is no dedicated phone send/end button. There is no bluetooth voice dial. The phone is CDMA only so when I travel outside of the US its a doorstop (I got VOIP over WiFi to work, but its unreliable). The virtual keyboard is extremely sensitive and coming from a keyboard blackberry, it didn't work well with my thumbs.
    for me personally, the incredible is probably a better move. i don't use a sig in my email, don't/won't use exchange unless my job decides to finally make me full-time, don't use voice dialing, and don't travel outside the us. the virtual keyboard will take some getting used to because i really like the surepress screen for typing and i've never owned a phone with a regular touchscreen keyboard.
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

R1cE is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow R1cE On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.699 Willboy's
    Liked
    1 times
    Would rather go HTC Evo 4G!!! Lol sorry, just saying
    Follow me on twitter: @riseofr1ce

TaZ52083 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm gonna stick with my storm2.

frielfanatic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow frielfanatic On Twitter
    PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    Definately sticking w/ blackberry. Went Droid for a couple days. Droid and work do not mix well for me. Exchange integration and the overall layout were deal killers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

cbresciani is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Is availab
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Not a chance! Maybe for a Storm3?

I eat catfish is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    t of slaw and some hushpuppies
    Device
    storm 2
    OS
    fill in the blank
    Liked
    0 times
    I would jump in a heartbeat...

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times
    I love the performance of the new Incredible hardward but I must keep my BBM. Why doesn't RIM see that they have a great Storm fan-base and give us a better faster Storm??? What I've seen of the Storm3 previews are NOT impressive. Guess I will wait and see. I Love My Storm !!!
    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:

rlervin is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow rlervin On Twitter
    PIN
    310D15AC
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v3.1 .
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried the Incredible but am back on my S2.
    Posted via mobile device

Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm lovin' the Incredible! Anyone wanna but a S2?

ncdub is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    308DB919
    Device
    9530 and 8900
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I jumped about a month agop and I can honestly say there is NO way I will EVER be back with BlackBerry. Their OS is ancient and the speed of the Droid is fantastic! I picked mine up on Craigslist to make a buck and help onto it for a few weeks thinking about activating it and boy am I glad I did! Make the jump.... You will not be disappointed! Especially since Froyo is RIGHT around the corner!
    rubnmydub

d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Liked
    0 times
    I will most likely be making the jump in August when my NE2 is up on my S1. The speed is very intriguing and I am not willing to wait on the S3, unless i see a reason to do so. I am a touchscreen guy and I believe that the best TS device at VZW is the Incredible.
    "The time is always right to do what is right" - MLK

ROCKS!

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    After seeing how big red dropped the ball on the S1, refuses to "officially" release any decent operating systems, continually pushes b.s. content to the devices, makes it abundantly clear that they were only releasing the original Storm to boost sales and can't seem to come up with real reasons why their devices are almost a perfect vacuum (due to their power to suck). I think I may jump ship to a droid and if not, I will most likely jump to the Iphone. As much as we have all made fun of the Iphone, it still has a solid OS, still has support, and still sells tons of units. Verizon, you have 9 months to show me something better or I may switch to a different carrier altogether, since you obviously have no customer loyalty anymore.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

K2kool is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Gotta ask
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    With BB, its always "waiting on that next device" or " next OS release will fix our issues". And for the most part we are left dissapointed. They are just behind times and in my opinion will always be. Atleast for the non buiness type like me who is just looking for a great smartphone. Google has proven itself in such a short time. I will be making the switch!
    Evo looks soooo good!

thymaster is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow thymaster On Twitter
    PIN
    30B782F2
    Device
    BB Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've tried many droid phones and I haven't found anything I like. The only Droid phone I might consider is the Xperia X10. I'd rather wait for Storm 3 because bb just gets better and better with every upgrade. Storm 2 is still my favourite phone so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12