how much faster is Storm 2 over storm1?

Thread: how much faster is Storm 2 over storm1?

daddyscooltv is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

how much faster is Storm 2 over storm1?

Hi all how much faster and better is the new storm comparied to the old one. I had a old one and upgraded to the droid yesterday. I'm not feeling the love with the way the calendar on droid works, I can't get it anywhere close to the way the storm works. I am thinking about taking the droid back and getting the storm 2? Any thoughts?

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyscooltv View Post
    Hi all how much faster and better is the new storm comparied to the old one. I had a old one and upgraded to the droid yesterday. I'm not feeling the love with the way the calendar on droid works, I can't get it anywhere close to the way the storm works. I am thinking about taking the droid back and getting the storm 2? Any thoughts?
    IMO the Storm1 was worthless. I had the S1 the day it came out and at that time I was in love with it and always suggested to anyone to get it. Then the S2 came out and let me tell you WHAT a difference. Not only was the touchscreen drastically improved but the overall performance is outstanding (Depending on your OS that is). I love the fact that I can load up my device with apps and not having to worry about low memory msgs or big memory leaks. Granted S2 has some memory leaks depending on what you are running but I haven't came across to many. Hope that helps if you have any questions ask away that's what we are here for .
    Last edited by Hodges; 04-13-2010 at 09:09 PM.

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    I believe the processor speed is the same but has double the app memory so that speeds it up.

rpitts9999 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    With the release of OS from verizon .607 the battery leaks are non-existant. The app memory is great and comes with a 16 gig micro sd card for music, movies and data. And all the available apps for the storm2 I can't believe I ever used a regular cell phone before. I have only owned the storm 1 and the storm 2 but have tried the Droid in store and have to say I like the typeing on the Storm better. And if Verizon release Push to talk for the Storm 2 and other Blackberries what more is there to say.
    Hope this helps.
    Live , Laugh , & Love Everyday.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Faster? I don't think there is a speed difference between S1 & S2. But like others have said the larger amount of memory helps a lot with reducing lag from the S1.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz