Device
    Torch 9860
    OS
    v7.0.0.296
    Liked
    2 times

Storm 2 Email Icon Display

Hi All,

I have just got my Storm 2 after having the S1 and found that I am unable to get the Yahoo email icon sign to display :aargh4:

I have done a google search and found a very informative section on this at BerryManual.com.

After following the directions I am still not able to get the icon to display :17:

Would anyone know how to do this or has anyone managed to get this to work?

The only thing I can think off is the icon needs to be saved as a different number to this (1-73-73) which appears to be the Storm setting.

Any help would be great :hail:

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    Hi All,

I have just got my Storm 2 after having the S1 and found that I am unable to get the Yahoo email icon sign to display :aargh4:

I have done a google search and found a very informative section on this at BerryManual.com.

After following the directions I am still not able to get the icon to display :17:

Would anyone know how to do this or has anyone managed to get this to work?

The only thing I can think off is the icon needs to be saved as a different number to this (1-73-73) which appears to be the Storm setting.

Any help would be great :hail:
    I have the Yahoo icon on my S2...but I got it here. Blackberry Launchers Master List

Go to this site using your S2's browser...scroll down until you see Yahoo Mail and click it...it will load OTA onto your BB.

Hope this helps....

GaryG is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    2812DD5F
    Device
    Torch 9860
    OS
    v7.0.0.296
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I have the Yahoo icon on my S2...but I got it here. Blackberry Launchers Master List

Go to this site using your S2's browser...scroll down until you see Yahoo Mail and click it...it will load OTA onto your BB.

Hope this helps....
    Thanks Orio, I have tried this but I do not seem to be getting the icon. I have the email folder for my Yahoo but wanted the Yahoo logo to be on the folder.

Any other suggestions?

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Orio, I have tried this but I do not seem to be getting the icon. I have the email folder for my Yahoo but wanted the Yahoo logo to be on the folder.

Any other suggestions?
    Check your download folder and see if it's sitting in there.
    Posted via mobile device

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Hover and then click your yahoo folder with your BlackBerry button (The one with the BB Logo) then go to edit, see if you can't change the folder's icon through there?
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

PIN
    2812DD5F
    Device
    Torch 9860
    OS
    v7.0.0.296
    Liked
    2 times
    Check your download folder and see if it's sitting in there.
    Posted via mobile device
    Yes I have it in the download folder but this is not what I need!!

Not sure I explained what I was looking for properly in the beginning but on my home screen I have a icon which is what my emails are sent to. Originally on the S1 this used to be shown with the yahoo logo. I had seen what to do on this site How to Customize Blackberry Email and Folder Icons | iCrack but after following the instructions and having the folders and icons loaded to my S2 it still does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    Hover and then click your yahoo folder with your BlackBerry button (The one with the BB Logo) then go to edit, see if you can't change the folder's icon through there?
    I am not able to this as you discribe because the edit option is not there.

Anymore info guys and thankyou for the input.

maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Liked
    2 times
    If it's any consolation... I am having the same problem with my Gmail icon. Except, mine worked correctly before...

I was running the leaked .607. All was fine with the icons, but I had some other issues, so I decided to wipe the phone and reload everything starting with a fresh install of the Official .607.

Now I get the default globe icon for my gmail account no matter what I do or what theme I use.
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Are you using a theme?
    Posted via mobile device

Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Liked
    2 times
    I have used Natemz Blak-Blue theme for some time. Love that one !!!! It worked fine before with the leaked .607. I can only get the globe now after reloading with the official .607.
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    I have used Natemz Blak-Blue theme for some time. Love that one !!!! It worked fine before with the leaked .607. I can only get the globe now after reloading with the official .607.
    Must be OS related. I've only been able to get Theme Controlled icons for sometime now.

I actually like that little Yahoo launcher I sent you the site for...you can get into your folders and everything there. I didn't know what you were looking for the first response...I do now, I just don't know how to correct it.

PIN
    2812DD5F
    Device
    Torch 9860
    OS
    v7.0.0.296
    Liked
    2 times
    Must be OS related. I've only been able to get Theme Controlled icons for sometime now.

I actually like that little Yahoo launcher I sent you the site for...you can get into your folders and everything there. I didn't know what you were looking for the first response...I do now, I just don't know how to correct it.

I thank you for the little Yahoo launcher which is great and I will use it :hail:

I wonder if any of the wizz kids that create the themes can help here :Eyecrazy:

Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Liked
    2 times
    The thing I don't get is when I ran the leaked version of .607 I didn't have this icon problem... Since I wiped everything last night and loaded the official version that I downloaded from VZW... Strange happenings !!!!! mfg:
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    I thank you for the little Yahoo launcher which is great and I will use it :hail:

I wonder if any of the wizz kids that create the themes can help here :Eyecrazy:
    Good idea...send a PM to Natemz, as his is the theme you are using. Very nice guy.

PIN
    2812DD5F
    Device
    Torch 9860
    OS
    v7.0.0.296
    Liked
    2 times
    The thing I don't get is when I ran the leaked version of .607 I didn't have this icon problem... Since I wiped everything last night and loaded the official version that I downloaded from VZW... Strange happenings !!!!! mfg:
    Yes I cannot believe that the S1 on v5 and S2 on v5 is that much different in this area :aargh4:

Good idea...send a PM to Natemz, as his is the theme you are using. Very nice guy.
    Will do but to be honest it is not theme related I think, as it does not work even on standard theme that comes with the phone :17:

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes I cannot believe that the S1 on v5 and S2 on v5 is that much different in this area :aargh4:

Will do but to be honest it is not theme related I think, as it does not work even on standard theme that comes with the phone :17:
    I think you are right...I believe it's an OS issue....and maybe a storm 2 issue. Probably the latter, as I cant remember having a yahoo mail icon on my S2...but I do remember it vaguely on S1.

You might just have to settle...( I hate doing that )...or see if a theme builder knows if you can add this...but you'd lose it if you changed themes. I dunno...not looking promising...is it?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    if you have the gmail plug in installed you wont be able to edit the icon and you will get just the same default icon, no matter what theme u use, if you uninstall it, booom issue solved
    BlackBerry by Choice!

Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the removal idea... I don't see the plug-in listed in the applications list... I also tried DM and couldn't find it to remove it. Does anyone know where it is hiding ?

Solution !!!! I used BBSAK to remove Gmail cods...reboot...setup GMAIL account...and voila !!!! Correct Icon !!!!!!

Thank you for all your help. As usual this forum is full of helpful members who share their expertise !!!!! You Guys Rock !!!!
    Last edited by maddog241; 04-06-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: found solution
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!

PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the removal idea... I don't see the plug-in listed in the applications list... I also tried DM and couldn't find it to remove it. Does anyone know where it is hiding ?

Solution !!!! I used BBSAK to remove Gmail cods...reboot...setup GMAIL account...and voila !!!! Correct Icon !!!!!!

Thank you for all your help. As usual this forum is full of helpful members who share their expertise !!!!! You Guys Rock !!!!
    WOW !!! Good for you !! We have the BEST members !! Thanks ealvnv :You_Rock_Emoticon:

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Thanks peeps, glad I could help....
    Posted via mobile device

holtztwins is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    31043e93
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    were the COD's listed as GMAIL in BBSAK. I have tried a few times to solve this same issue but when I read my system the GMAIL COD's do not show up. I solved this problem on older OS's this way and was just wondering what was listed for you. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast