Question about calendar

Thread: Question about calendar

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question about calendar

So my calendar is not displaying my Contact's birthdays and anniversaries that I have set in their Contact Information. Is there anyway I can "resend" this information? I think it may have been wiped from the calendar when I used the Google Sync app a few weeks ago to try and keep my calendars synchronized. Google Sync for calendar works good for something things, but I don't like how it wiped that info. Any help is appreciate, thanks!

@MWFD31

ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Liked
    4 times
    Is it possible you have google sync set for say 8 wks ahead and the events in question are further off than that? I have my google sync set for 8wks ahead and 2 wks behind so my calendar file size doesn't get too large (I have two calendars coming down from google sync).

Worst case is use Desktop Mgr to wipe all of your calendar info then log out and then back in via google sync and see if it redownloads everything. If you are going to do this I'd log out of google sync first so there is no chance anything gets deleted from the google calendar. If that still doesn't work you can always delete the CICAL entry and resend your service books too.

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    Is it possible you have google sync set for say 8 wks ahead and the events in question are further off than that? I have my google sync set for 8wks ahead and 2 wks behind so my calendar file size doesn't get too large (I have two calendars coming down from google sync).

Worst case is use Desktop Mgr to wipe all of your calendar info then log out and then back in via google sync and see if it redownloads everything. If you are going to do this I'd log out of google sync first so there is no chance anything gets deleted from the google calendar. If that still doesn't work you can always delete the CICAL entry and resend your service books too.
    I had birthdays within the time period of my Google Sync options and they still were removed. I even changed it to the longest (24 weeks) and not one date from the Contacts were displyed; all of them had been removed.

I already deleted the CICAL entries for calendars that I do not use on my Berry (i.e. Hotmail). But you think by deleting the CICAL entry for the calendar I am using (Google) and then resend the service books, you think my Contact info (birthdays/anniversaries) will now display on the calendar again? Thanks
    @MWFD31

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I know that there was a problem like this if you wiped your contacts off your phone and then restored them. Did you happen to do that recently?

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    nope...didnt wipe them off or anything..maybe i should delete gmail plugin..not to get too far off topic, but what is "supposed" to be the benefit of the gmail plugin in anyway? with my experience, contact synchronization is extremely flawed, and apparently calendar sync has some issues. whats the plugin supposed to do that i wouldnt have without it?
    @MWFD31