MZone is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow MZone On Twitter
    PIN
    30F5027D
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question Screen Lock fault on 497

Is anyone else having problems with the screen lock since the 497 update?

When I take my screen locked phone out of the my official BB case the phone changes from portrait to landscape mode and then shows the full menu rather than the home screen and it won't go back to the home screen until you unlock it & press the back button!

Also when I have received messages it automatically opens and displays them even when the screen is locked!

Anyone else having this problem?

It's really starting to annoy me and has only started since the last software release.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Should I downgrade to .436 as this is the last version before the too the key lock icon off the main menu?

I'm quite new to BB's and to be fair the 1st update I did went through with no problems.

Also in my messages folder under facebook messages I suddenly also have 7 inbox & spam folders where as before I only had 1 - don't think it's too big of a problem but it is annoying me.

Any ideas would be appreciated guys/gals.

Cheers

sunkast Guest
    Hi MZone, I apologize that no one has answered your questions yet.

There has been many issues lately with screen locking I believe. I think your best bet is as you suggested, downgrading to the previous best working OS version. When you do so, it may be a good idea to perform a complete wipe before loading the previous OS version.

Here is a link to a guide that explains how to wipe if you need any help with that part.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...step-step.html

jemmypaul is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow jemmypaul On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    palm
    Liked
    0 times
    It may be possible when you are updating your cell and that moment from the cable problem its should be restart automatically and then when you start again then files which is transfer yet lost the path so from that problem this screen problem occur.