jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't know if this is the issue for me, but yesterday my phone decided it didn't want anything to do with data and would only connect to internet with wifi, just happened out of the blue, I just reloaded a new .607 OS and it's still a no-go, what the hell is the deal, should I call them? And can they fix it? This is an unlocked storm 2 on t-mobile, never had issues before this.

Ya know what's funny... I always thought that umm... dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today!!! :-)
    http://www.blackberryos.com/image-fi...tterbanner.png
    Rules and Guidelines l Upgrade Your OS | Resource Center

PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    I don't know if this is the issue for me, but yesterday my phone decided it didn't want anything to do with data and would only connect to internet with wifi, just happened out of the blue, I just reloaded a new .607 OS and it's still a no-go, what the hell is the deal, should I call them? And can they fix it? This is an unlocked storm 2 on t-mobile, never had issues before this.
    So I guess 4 hours on the phone with tech support means goodbye storm and welcome home 9700 tech support with tmo and rim tried everything to revive data connection with no luck, there was no outages in my area so there was absolutely no reason for my phone to do this except for the fact that an IP policy somehow got onto my phone and enabled my firewall (never connected to any wifi or any company network before this happened) but even after doing a reset to factory-nothing. Has anyone heard of this happening before and do you have any other ideas on how to fix it?
    Posted via mobile device

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    So I guess 4 hours on the phone with tech support means goodbye storm and welcome home 9700 tech support with tmo and rim tried everything to revive data connection with no luck, there was no outages in my area so there was absolutely no reason for my phone to do this except for the fact that an IP policy somehow got onto my phone and enabled my firewall (never connected to any wifi or any company network before this happened) but even after doing a reset to factory-nothing. Has anyone heard of this happening before and do you have any other ideas on how to fix it?
    Posted via mobile device
    Are you familiar with CrackUtil?

This application has the ability to reset your IT Policy....

PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Are you familiar with CrackUtil?

This application has the ability to reset your IT Policy....
    I was gonna try that out along with other things (possibly bricking my phone many times in the process ) If I do this with my sim in the storm and it still doesn't work, will it mess up anything and cause trouble for me when I put my sim back in my 9700?
    Ya know what's funny... I always thought that umm... dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today!!! :-)

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Basically, When you reset the IT Policy with CrackUtil you will bring the device back to the status of factory default.
    Anything on the device will be wiped. You would need to load an OS back onto the device and configure your services books in order to be able to work on the T-Mo network.
    I would also suggest that you only load your contacts back onto your device because what ever corrupted your device will inevitably be in any of your backups.

PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Basically, When you reset the IT Policy with CrackUtil you will bring the device back to the status of factory default.
    Anything on the device will be wiped. You would need to load an OS back onto the device and configure your services books in order to be able to work on the T-Mo network.
    I would also suggest that you only load your contacts back onto your device because what ever corrupted your device will inevitably be in any of your backups.
    I loaded my backup files from my Storm to my 9700, so far no problems (knock on wood) I think I'm just gonna leave it be and get used to this new device, for now anyway....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12