The no profile thing is normal, it means you don't have a outlook profile setup for your desktop manager to link up to your email.
Onto the app error. A few things to try:
- Plug it into a different USB slot.
- Get JL_Commander and manually do a wipe with that, a full fled wipe via the command prompt. (I'm not sure if BBSak will work the same or not, but I suggest JL_Commander)
- Before uninstalling Desktop Manager see if you can push past the no profile message (I can) and see if DM will detect your phone even if the app loader won't.
- Uninstalling Desktop Manager then Reinstalling it.
- Uninstall the OS then Reinstall it.
That's funny JL won't touch it... I'm back to bad connection! Did you go and see if the drives ON your Computer (not whether dm will recognize) You can do this by clicking your start button and then selecting Computer. If your not seeing :F and :G drives (representing your phone and sd card) you either have a driver problem or a bad connection. I have done this so many times with my multiple devices that my usb ports on my computer are getting weak. The slightest bump will disconnect!!!!